OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scroll

Have you ever heard of loading all the items in a list and allowing users to scroll to the end of it right away?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Submit outlook.com for HSTS preloading

Please submit outlook.com for HSTS preloading:
    https://hstspreload.org/?domain=outlook.com

This will avoid a redirect from HTTP to HTTPS the first time that a user connects to outlook.com, which saves time. More importantly, it improves the security of the website by turning attempts at insecure HTTP connections into HTTPS connections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Trash icon issue

When I go to delete an email, the 'trash can' icon on the email wiggles about when i hover over it and it takes several attempts before I'm allowed to hit 'delete'. This issue happened a few months ago and seemed to be fixed, but now its back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Printing suggestion did not work

The how to print an email, or portion of an email, did not work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom keyboard shortcuts

It would be a performance improvement if the keyboard shortcuts can be customized. This way users can match other programs, systems, and devices for increased productivity.
    I am aware of being able to match a few pre-selected programs. I am referring to being able to edit the shortcuts individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can not open PDF in Outlook.com

Can not open PDF in outlook.com even when PDF Reader is installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Issues with uploading attachments

When trying to attach images, they begin to load but do not complete, whether as a copy or Onedrive file. I even tried creating a word doc with the 7MB images, of which was 800kB, and not even that document would attach. This is a joke...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. All other emails get deleted when I select a few emails to be selected.

All other emails get deleted when I select a few emails to be selected.

Rather than fixing the "looks"(UI) of the system, please stablize the core functions!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text code?

can you text the code?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Suggestion]:Loading outlook.live.com

outlook.live.com is so slow to load.
    I don't have this problem with other sites.
    It should be better than this.
    If you want to lose customers keep it up.
    P.S.
    If you want a titlee make it plain where to put it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Suggestion]:Email body text doesn't update after an edit, while sending a saved draft

Email body text doesn't update after an edit, while sending a saved draft. It keeps showing the old text, and updates after email has been sent. This defeats the purpose of delayed send - as user can't see the new text/or update if required

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Dislike]:Can't use any folder but Inbox

Suddenly started switching to Inbox from whatever folder I'm in after just a few seconds!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Dislike]:Themes are slow to load

After logging on, outlook switches back to the previous theme. Then after a second or two it switches to the current theme. This needs fixed since it's a performance detail that's very noticeable.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Dislike]:Android version crashes instantly

You are now forcing me to use the latest version of Outlook for android which crashes instantly the moment I select an email to open it. I had rolled back to a version which worked but this is now greyed out with an order to update. PLEASE get a competent android team and stop bullying users of earlier versions.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Dislike]:Bloated

Microsoft adds more and more useless features every time I visit this website. This website is slow, bloated, and nauseating to look at. I can't click "Junk" anymore, now I have to click "Junk->type". Let's just double all our clicks right now, let's make everything take twice as many clicks. Now imagine how ****** that is, then that's your fault. You are the problem. Continue losing market share to smarter companies while you're at it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Suggestion]:You recently removed a great feature

When returning to inbox list (in web browser) the last viewed message WAS highlighted to aid with navigation. You changed something recently that removed this feature.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Suggestion]:FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is taking so long??
    Outlook worked perfectly fine up until just over a week ago - I sent 2 feedbacks about it and nothing is being fixed.
    How can anyone use outlook if every time I read an email and close it I lose my place in the list and automatically get kicked to the very top of the email list???????????????
    Please!! Please fix this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Suggestion]:followup to cursor feature suggestion

followup to the cursor suggestion:
    the cursor option for us to be able to skim a chunk of emails that we deem to be deleted, then a 'hotmail cursor' that we can use to highlight a chunk of emails, and combine with cmd/ctrl to highlight other independent email/chunks at the same time, to then perform a shared action on all these emails eg delete. this process of skimming a chunk of emails then deleting all at once (which happens VERY often) is faster than reading one email, ticking it, moving on to the next, and then deleting.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Everything

I am totally loving this website version now finally, after following it from last many months. everything is easy and perfect. keep it up. great job.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Generally ok.

Occasionally, when Edge is open but minimized in the task bar, I click on the icon to bring it up on the desk top, but nothing happens. I have to right click the popout thumbnail and select maximize and then resize it. Just thought you'd like to know.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base