OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked email selected not being blocked

blocked email not being blocked

3,485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1721 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Search bar location doesn't work for me.

I really don't like the new location of the Search bar in Outlook. I wish we had more control over these things. Not every idea is a good one and Microsoft's propensity for trying to control everyone's user experience is what drives users to Apple.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Get Outlook on you phone for free" bulk

COMPLAINT: There is no way shown to delete the "Get Outlook on your phone for free" message that automatically displays after deleting Individual Junk Emails.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

929 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gmail Feature in outlook web not working

gmail feature not working properly.

Added gmail account. icon never shows up in left. clicking the mail+ icon then changes URL to outlook.live.com/mail/1/inbox but no longer have access to Microsoft inbox.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unwanted "subscriptions".

Anyway to "select all" of subscriptions and then "unselect" the ones I really subscribed to??????

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. print email

the email not showing the sender info in print email

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No way to sign-out, no Help icon in Outlook.com (even after a couple of months)

Sign-out and Help cannot be accessed in Outlook.com website in Mail and Calendar, except under People. Is this a bug? How do I sign out of Outlook.com?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block Sender

You marked "completed" the "Block Sender" item that had over 1100 votes and many more comments. The solution you gave does not work when the email is already in the "Junk" email folder. Right clicking on items in the "Junk" folder opens the email. It does bring up the "Block" function, but still opens the email. Again, your solution addresses emails that are not already in the "Junk" folder. Please reopen this issue and give us a way to block emails without having to open them if they are already in the Junk folder based on your spam criteria. This…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Select checkbox

The Master checkbox used to only select what was on my screen, this made it easy for me to clear batches of email quickly. Now, the checkbox selects everything in a folder, even if I've not had a chance to see it. This is not helpful at all.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quick Steps or Quick Actions

On outlook 2016 I have set up a quick action where I can create a calendar or task directly from an email, copying all the content of the email to the event/task details. Could this be implemented onto the site ?

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If folder is marked as favorite, don't show it second time under favorites

As title says, don't show folder two times (in favorites section at the top and below) if it's marked as favorite

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering this change and will reply back when we have an update.

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base