OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPAM!

The amount of annoying pop ups trying to push new "features" feels very untrustworthy. Mail services should not be confused with social interactive sites.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  70 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed.

I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original Hotmail.

627 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

218 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such great feedback. I wanted to address the feedback that you have left about not being able to do some of the advanced search that you had in the older outlook.com experience.

We actually do have advanced search. When you click in the Search box at the top of the screen, it will expand and there is a “filter” icon. If you click that icon you should be able to do date search, attachments, etc.

Hope this helps

David Los

4. Love Dark Mode

Its fantastic to use dark mode for outlook mail and I hope that you will provide dark mode to other services such as One drive, One note and tasks etc

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

828 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

6. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback.

I just wanted to send a quick update and let you know that you can indeed log out of Outlook.com. If you click on the Me Control (your name/picture) at the top right hand corner. From there you should see a Sign Out/Log out option.

This will close your session and sign you out of outlook.com.

Hope this helps

David Los

7. See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

240 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

8. Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Dark Mode work with other Themes

The outlook.com dark mode is great start. Please make the Outlook.com Dark Mode even darker! Remove the blue title bar and all blue from the Dark Mode (at least give us the option). Blue light is bad for the eyes!

It appears the black theme is disabled for dark mode. We need a total blackout mode.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't show the Splash screen each time

If you're trying to chase me away from using Outlook, you're on the right track. Do I have to click to remove the popup announcement about the "improved" Outlook every single time I sign in? Do all the swell new features you crow about cause the extreme slowness of the system? Do you think people might not want your brilliant innovations forced on them, they're happy with things as they were?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all – I just wanted to provide a quick update. We were able to get a patch pushed out which disabled the spalsh screen that some of you were seeing on each login.

You should not be seeing the issue any more. However, I do want to let you know that it is highly likely that you will see it one more time in the coming days. As the fix to the bug roles out it will trigger the screen just one more time.

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry for the annoyance it caused!

Thanks

David Los

11. Bring back the Skype integration

The Skype ias apparently gone from Outlook.com beta, as the Skype button near the Settings cog icon is nowhere to be found. I think many users didn't like the integration (there was no way to completely disable it) but it still was a nice feature for Skype users.

2,682 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

506 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update January 2018:

Skype is back! :)

More improvements to the Skype integration will come in the future, but for now, please enjoy the upgraded Skype chat experience!

P.S.: If you wish to mute notifications, you can do so in the Settings panel under General > Skype > Notifications.

12. Sucks.....

Sucks.. Like sucks.. Every update it get worst.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Go back to old hotmail version - NO outlook

I dont like neither of the Outlook templates, the beta or the actual version. I use to love my hotmail template with my marks emails appearing first and everything most simple. Now with Outlook if I don't see it on my iphone, some of thenew emails that aririves to me doesn't appear in my home page and I have to look for them on "search" and and if it was not enough the "send" botton stopped working a few days ago and they haven't solve it so I cants send emails if is not trhough te awful beta version.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Keep it simple.

Email isn't for emojis & bright colors. Keep it clean and simple. There's too much noise everywhere else in the world.

I use my personal email to communicate with friends and family. I don't need to be entertained and over stimulated by gimmicks. I just want to send a message and easily find the ones I've received.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback on the new experience.

I know that a few different topics got merged down into this suggestion, so I wanted to offer some broad guidance on how you might configure the new experience to get it to look more like what you want.

Lets start off with the feedback about not wanting the bright colored circles, emojis, and joyful animations. All of these can be disabled. Click on the gear in the top right hand corner, this will load the quick setting pane. From here first disable the Sender Photos. This removes the colored circles with initials.

Then continue to scroll down and select view all Options. In this options page select Compose and Reply. In this page look for Joyful animations. turning this off will eliminate the…

16. Delete button moves when selecting emails

When selecting an email via the check box, the "Delete" button moves and it's location is then occupied by the "Archive" button.
    The half second delay on this movement means I already have the mouse button over "delete", but as I click it moves and I end up archiving instead.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ads

I'm tiring of see ads in outllook, im my case on the right side of messages. If they can't be removed I am moving to gmail

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, and for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you know that we do offer an Ad free experience of Outlook.com to all of our Office 365 subscribers. With the Office 365 subscription you get a wide range of benefits. This includes Skype calling, ability to install the Office client (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), and finally ad free experience in Outlook.com

Hope this helps

David Los

18. Help Function is NON-Functioning

The "?"/help function is not functioning at all. If you put in a word to search nothing happens. Now there is no way (or you buried it so people wont bother you) to email or call for help? Are you just trying to make people leave?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Beta not good for me

The new version is not good because the many parameters and adjustable options of the old version have disappeared. I need to be able to set more than what is possible in the new version, as rules of messages, aliases, ....

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for responding and providing all of the valuable feedback. More importantly I also want to thank you for using Outlook.com.

I did want to update everyone and let them know that we have re-introduced all of the options that were in the old experience. This took a bit of time, as we wanted to make sure we were designing simplified experiences for everyone.

Please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

20. 126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, you can disable the persona icons (colored circles) by opening settings. Click the gear in the header, then click “View all outlook settings” in the settings pane at the bottom.

Then go to Mail > Layout > Sender image. Select “Don’t show sender images”.

Hope this helps!

Colin

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base