OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. no good

did not give me an answer to my question - how do i unlock my old email account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Make Categories a search refinement criteria in the search UI

I find it frustrating that it is currently difficult to search by categories in Outlook online. The only way to do it is to type 'category:categoryName' in the Search box. Moreover you must remember the exact name of the category you want to search on.
    So please add Categories to the search refinement criteria alongside Folder, From, Date in the search refinement criteria UI; don't force me to remember all my categories by heart!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just wanted to update everyone. You are now able to search for categories in a few different ways.

1) You can just type the category name into the search box at the top and it will do a category search.

2) If you have a message that has the category applied, just click on it and it will search.

For bonus, you can add the category search as a favorite and it will add it to your favorite folders on the left. one click to easily get all of the messages with that category.

Hope this helps!

3. Make a no threads option

Cannot find email attachments easily with the thread. On my outlook 360 for instance I have thread completly turned off as this future makes conducting businsess very difficult and searches on the mobile phone a pain.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. search folder path

When you return results of a search and show which folder the email is in, show the full path to that folder. Full path information is very helpful if email is store in a folder which is 2+ level deep. Just stating the name of the folder can be tricky to locate the folder that the email is in

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base