OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quarterly recurrences for appointments, meetings, and/or tasks

Outlook recurrence patterns currently include "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly", and "Yearly". Can a "Quarterly" recurrence pattern be added? This would save time having to manually insert reminders in the calendar each quarter.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the organiser/admin of existing Outlook appointment series

This would be helpful in case someone leaves the company or changes his function internally and has reserved certain meetingrooms with an appointment series. Right now the current organiser has to cancel the series and at the same time the other person who takes over needs to send a new invitation. However there are always problems with this method and it's quite time consuming to copy the series manually. Would also be a nice feature to have for general appointments.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Capacity planning

In Outlook you can create resource agenda to book them. Please make sure that you also can create an agenda in which you can handle the capacity planning. In these times we are searching for a way for co-workers to reserve a desk in our building. Now we have to create a resource for each desk. Would be nice if we can accommodate this with a other type of agenda.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. minutes

add 45 minutes option in the list of time slot available in the endtime field when creating an invitation
    lot of people don't need a 30min or 1h meeting but 45 to have some buffer
    the same can be achieved by macro but we can ask all employee to create a macro for it

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Agenda pane options

Please allow me to switch "Agenda Pane" on or off in "Settings." I know a lot of people like it but I don't use it and it makes my calendar too narrow. It is especially annoying when it opens just to tell me I don't have anything going on that day. I am smart enough to read my calendar and figure that out.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a recurrent event on the multiple random dates at once in the Outlook Calendar

I would like to create a recurrent event to select multiple random dates at once. Because we don’t want the event to recur in regular cycle.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. See all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified

I would like to see or obtain all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified. Because If we change the date or time for one of the recurrent event, it’s no longer treated as the recurrent item and we are not able to identify when the item has been changed by opening the original recurrent item.
    So, it would be great if we could see all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add bcc field to calendar /meeting invitations

Due to privacy and GDPR we would like to be able to send meeting invitations but not share everyone's email addresses. I admit it sounds odd - but some stakeholders/service users use personal email addresses rather than business accounts and it's currently cumbersome sending everyone of those separate invitations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. define number of weeks in calendar view

I want to define how many weeks I view in my "monthly" calendar view, typically 3 weeks so I can see more on each day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Merge calanders

Please create a MERGE CALANDERS OPTION I wish to merge my google and outlook calendar together

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it possible to schedule a meeting in Outlook.com (on the mobile app) and add a Zoom meeting

Currently it is possible to schedule a meeting in the Outlook mobile app for Office 365 accounts and have the option to schedule a Zoom meeting instead of just a teams or skype for business meeting.

Currently Outlook.com accounts in the Outlook mobile app only seem to support scheduling an online meeting through regular Skype (which isn't very helpful these days).

It is possible to add the Zoom plugin to Outlook.com accounts and use it via the web, it just doesn't seem possible to use that in the mobile app for Outlook.com accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. calendar layout

not sure why the default format of the calendar portion of outlook.com would only have approximately half the screen being the actual calendar itself, approx. a third of screen shows no events for the day (useful?), and another third showing what calendars are being shown (should be pretty obvious to the owner), make calendar default layout configurable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Single invite, multiple slots

Many times, people in my organization will run the same meeting at multiple times to accommodate overseas employees or offer different time slots etc. To do this, he or she has to send out multiple invites for each separate slot (just today, I got six separate invites for six separate timeslots for the same meeting!). My idea is that a user could send out a single invite with six separate time slots in the invite. Each slot would show tentative on the user's calendar until he or she accepted one (or more) of the slots then the others would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include Office 365 Group in the selectable mailbox options when using the BookInPolicy setting

It would be great if the BookInPolicy setting could allow us to select Office 365 Group. Currently, we can only select users, distribution groups or mail-enabled security groups for the BookInPolicy setting to allow certain users to book a calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schedule Teams Meeting faster

With the current work from home Situation I find myself scheduling teams meetings like crazy. I think it would be really great if there would be a switch to transform a calendar entry into a teams meeting directly in the first pop up you get when clicking on a time slot in Outlook web app. (Just like the „all day“ toggle we get there)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. defaults in calendar

On the Calendar reminder for an Event I want a default that gives me the option of ‘never’ and then I change it if required. I don’t want 15 minutes given to me as a default I want to be able to change it to 15 minutes, or any other time, if I require that. In fact I would like to be able to customise the page to MY defaults and not have to keep on changing Microsofts defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Printing calendars had many "ideas" please add up all the VOTES! Fix it!

As suggested in email I have come here to request my idea be considered. There are many entries about the small print and light gridelines on the printed calendar. I have spent some time voting for all the ideas that apply to my challenge. Please add up all the votes for all the calendar printing "ideas". and fix this problem so those of us that have been using Outlook calendars on our fridge and in meetings can continue to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. countdown

When entering a future day event, Offer a countdown reminder box and quick personal entry (no more than 25 characters), so that when you are viewing the event 15 days out, it will have a counter on your calendar, with the short message.

ie....<Counter> <Self Entry>
    showing on one day.... 15 Data Due
    showing next day.... 14 Data Due
    showing another day.... 1 Data Due

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add task to calendar

Please add the feature that when you add a task that it automatically adds it to your calendar!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base