Rules Not Working
I have several emails that are supposed to go to specific folders, but here recently I see them either in my inbox or in my spam folder. Why aren't my rules working anymore?
Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.
In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.
In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:
- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”
- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition is met, no further rules will be applied in your list. In order to change the priority of rules running, click the up or down arrows on any rule on the rules settings page.
- In order to create rules looking for recurring keywords, under the “Add a condition” step, select one or more conditions under the “Keywords” header.
- To verify your rule is active and running, please ensure the toggle is set to the blue “On” position on the rules settings page.
- To block unwanted spam by a specific sender address, either 1) right-click on an email and click “Block” or 2) Select “Junk” → “Block”
- To block unwanted spam by an entire domain, select “Settings” → “Mail” → “Junk email”, and under the “Blocked senders and domains” section, select “Add”. Ensure the domain you wish to block only includes the address following the @ character in an email address. For example: “fourthcoffee.com“
Sure would be nice if Rules worked..... like, at all.
This should NOT be marked complete and none of your "ID10T" tips help! I've done them all already. My rules used to work fine a few years ago and I hardly got any spam mail at all. Now I get at least 50 spam emails of which at least 5 to 6 are important emails that I actually have rules created to move them to specific folders. So I spend time every morning moving those out of spam. Then I have another 5-10 emails in my inbox that belong in other folders. I spend time each day doing something I created the rules to do. Isn't that the purpose of the rules?!!! To save us time!
I created a rule to delete any e-mail that comes from .de, but I still get hundreds of them weekly. I have absolutely no faith in the creation of rules on Outlook - they just do not work.
The Create Rule function is still not working properly. I previously reported this and I continued to have to Create the same **** rule for an email addy over and over and over. Nothing is more frustrating than having to scan your junk email to ensure you dont overlook important emails because the function is not functioning!
I'm also getting the same .icu issue.
The rules are set up correctly, nothing happens
The "generate a report" function doesn't work
The sweep section tells me I don't have any rules set up.
sometimes rules won't work. I am carefully, correctly setting them up. A certain company keeps going to my spam NO MATTER WHAT I DO.
Why doesn´t the created rules work? The mails I got from Club Clas is always in the junk mail folder dispite the rules I set.
Rules are not working
I am having the same issue with domains containing .icu -- I receive at least 20 emails a day. I created a rule to delete anything with .icu but that is not working.
Hello, I get 10-20 emails a day from a domain ending in .icu (example: Luminas Info <firstname.lastname@example.org>). These go straight to my junk mail and I try blocking them, but each time it is a different email.
I created a rule to delete anything with a sender address that includes ".icu" but they are not being deleted. How do I fully block/delete all emails coming from a domain ending in .icu?
Rules are useles. 20 SPAM mails in a single day, all from diferent domains but all with ending .ICU, seriously cant rules do something about? Already tried the remitent addres contains ".icu"
Junk mail being overflooded with mail that was immediately erased before. Rules are not working to erase mail coming from certain domains
jon kaplowitz commented
Rules has been broken for 2 months and it looks like there is NO effort to fix the problem.