OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with comments: New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen. - this is not acceptable - please put back to how was before

• Cliff Boulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do attachments now go to a new window and then have to be enlarged to see them properly? Why can't the still be opened in my inbox? Another unwanted and unasked for improvement??

Also, when I have enlarged the item to read or see it properly, I cannot Exit Full Screen and have to turn off and re-start my laptop.

What goes on?

• peter rees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to preview documents but now the window is off the page so cannot action print or view as cannot see it.

• D pure dragonoid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading attacments is difficult because you cannot see the content fully. I was trying to read some of my important mails that have the attachments and they did not get shown propelly. The window itself was looking super weird and it was painful to even look at it.

• aurodiam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attachment preview alignment has broken since new display density has came my display size 1280*800

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previsualization does not work properly. When I open a document attached in an email it does look right, it seems to be partly showed, and that's why I have to download the document or print it with the mouse's right buttom. Please, fix it asap!!!

• optionproperties commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new feature of attachments opening in a new window it terrible. 75% of the time it does not function properly and it a real pain.

• sagrata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem with opening photos attached to messages! The past two days when I have tried seeing photos that have been sent to me, clicking on the photos opens only a narrow window on the left side of the laptop screen, while opening a VERY wide white space on the right side that is ONLY white space?! Is this a new glitch?

• Vernon.Spencer@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suddenly my attachments are opening in a new smaller window making it difficult for me to print them quickly. For some reason they are now opening in a new pop up window that I have to enlarge in order to view or print and then I have to enlarge the new window to see the whole thing. Please put it back the way it was where clicking on an attachment just opened it in a panel in my email.

2 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base