OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Silvana Favorito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments - this new update/feature for previewing attachments is completely un -functional. Looking to change from outlook.

• markpahulje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preview image or document contained in email initial display half of image and half of email. Very confusing. Bad design.

• Keila Pineda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

es horrible la nueva forma de visualizar los adjuntos, se ve media pagina solamente y hay que abrir una nueva pestaña para poder ver el documento. Esta horrible por favor regresarlo a la forma anterior

• david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

previewing pdf files, on new pop up windows is broken, can not display online, please fix it

and return old version, much better and convenient

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, as well I can't open an attachment that needs a password to view. Can I return to the old version?

• daphne child commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Why add another step in opening up an attachment to an email?
    This new way is confusing.

• James Kolmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the new way attachments are shown is a problem for me and should be returned to the previous way.
    It presents a problem for me to have to open the attachment and then have to then reopen it in a "NEW TAB" just to be able to view what was being sent.
    I am not very computer literate and it seems that Outlook does not care about their less technical oriented users and just implements changes without consideration to long time subscribers that simply wind up with an unusable "E"mail service as a result of over engineering what should be something simple.
    Why not just create a whole separate service for those that require , or want, all the innovative ideas that your designers seem to think are improvements to something that works OK in the first place.

Give your users a choice of what additional changes they would like to add to their own individual accounts instead of assuming that you know what we want/need and forcing it on us and leaving those of us with marginal technical savvy an unusable service.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. THIS IS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING AND MAKES OUR EMAIL ALMOST UNUSABLE. WE ARE CONSIDERING HAVING TO CHANGE. PLEASE FIX SO WE DON'T HAVE TO

YES. Me too. On Chrome browser. I'm thinking of ditching outlook because of it.

• kellyhumphries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't open attachments sent to my email, the window that opens is not aligned properly with a third of the screen as dead space and the actual attachment shoved over to the side and off screen. Absolutely no way to find out how to trouble shoot this error and no online help.

can't view total file that is attached to an email, only the right 1/4 of the page is viewable. Computer being used is a MacBook

• Snuggles C. Wieland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever new but not improved way to look at attachments is not working. I only see a portion of the attachment. Very much bummed out, with why you are fixing something that wasn't broken.

What are we voting on?

• Gwen Scoble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening attachments in preview mode. The pane is off set to the left. There seems to be no moving or dragging available. As others say the email is visible in the centre and the is a white panel to the right. I am using 100% magnification (ie normal). This is very frustrating. Although I can open it in a new window, my scrolling through emails for bills to pay etc is very long winded.

• oralboy_a1@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

attachment image viewer

When you click on an attachment an image viewer opens up. Occasionally it works correctly and is centered. But most of the time for me the image is left justified with the left portion of the image cut off. and the menu Items are also cut off. So, you can only scroll forward with the arrow on the right. Please fix this.

• c.d.loewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening a document only shows a third of the document(no info or left/right scroll bar), the email and a blank spot.

• Virginia Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens when Windows 10 is set to the recommended display scaling of 150% or higher. It is not calculating the screen size properly and generating an white space on the right side of the attachment preview that is causing the left side of the attachment to be cut off. This also cuts off the download and print buttons from the interface. There is no way to fix this except to lower the scaling as this is a programming issue with calculating the screen size in the Outlook Web Access attachment preview code.

• carlaleach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previews of attachments (documents, such as .rtf) are pushed off the left side of the screen and unreadable / inaccessible unless I zoom out in my browser to 80% or smaller. I use a larger scaling level because I have vision issues. I believe this problem started a few weeks ago or so.

When I try to display an attachment for an email, I get an unusable screen that is shifted to the left and thus showing only the left half of the attachment, whole email text, and the right third of the screen is blank (white). This error occurs every time and has been for weeks if not months. Thanks.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base