Confusing pop-up message
I was searching for a name in my emails when a message appeared that I really found confusing and didn't understand at all.
Surely these pop-up messages are supposed to make things EASIER to understand, not more confusing. I think the wording needs to be looked at.
The message said "Quickly find emails from someone - Click the star to add to favorites, and we'll show all of their emails in one place."
There are five things wrong with this:
1) First of all, what star? I don't see any star on the search screen.
2) Secondly, add WHAT to favorites? It's confusing.
3) It doesn't make clear why I need to use this "star" feature to see all of someone emails in one place? I can already do that just by searching for the person's name.
4) Fourthly, the only option below the pop-up message is "Got it", but I didn't get it. The lack of a "I don't get it" option adds further confusion.
5) Lastly, this is a minor point but I found it unnecessarily confusing that you use the word "their" to refer to one person. It's far better to say "that person's" or "his or her" instead.