OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Cannot Empty Other

Cannot empty Other without checking each email individually. What is going on??

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

terragolfer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you look to the left of the Focused/Other buttons, there is a gray circle with the check inside. If you click that button, you will select all messages in Other. Then you can use the Delete button in the triage bar (above the Focused/Other buttons) to delete all, or move all, etc.

Hope this helps!

Colin

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • chelesteve@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't mass delete messages from my "Other" folder.

When I either click the "Empty Other" icon at the top of the screen, or check the checkbox to select all messages in the "Other" folder then click "Empty Other", the messages don't delete. They just stay in the "Other" folder.

It's kinda frustrating!

• androver22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not delete the elements selected in Others folder.. I'm trying to delete more that 100..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email in my "other" inbox are not deleting when trying to delete in mass. Sometimes it will say "are you sure you want to delete all email and I say yes and nothing happens or they will delete but will come back.

• Rush Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inbox "OTHER" is not deleting after selecting "Empty Other", or after selecting by using the check marks and deleting. Basically, messages in Other are not being deleted. Has been happening for about three days now, starting 5-12-19.

• russ_lisaneumiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I "empty other" nothing happens. The numbers go down to zero but all the emails stay there so I have to click on each of them to delete them. I would appreciate if you could fix it because it is super annoying. Thanks

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same thing is happening with my email. Cannot empty other without individually checking each email.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base