OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Mail > Subscription

Hotmail/Outlook- Mail > Subscriptions > I can not delete newsletters I did not subscribe to
Under my settings>mail>subscriptions - there is a ton of newsletters/junk email/spam that I never added and can not delete. I don't know how they got there and how can i remove them.

No matter what I've tried to delete these it doesn't work - spammers latched themselves this way?

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Poe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe Gregson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Safe senders are routinely going into Junk, and the Subscriptions list is full of hundreds of bogus addresses that I never added but that allow Junk to go to my inbox.

These features are working so badly that it would be better to not have them at all. What a mess!

• Janice G, commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to this list. Cannot get rid of subscriptions that I have certainly not subscribed to.

• Florian Eriksen-Gutbier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There seems also to be a security risk with that feature where in one example when i tried to click " unsubscribe " to a side i never subscribed too send me to a that site ... The issue is that hackers could use that to inject web address to trick people to get them to go to a site that contains malicious software

• pamela h. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never signed up for these subscriptions I'm getting and cannot remove them. WHY?!

• John Boucher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several email subscriptions listed that I can't delete, some are phishing scams. Why can't I delete these and/or delete ALL subscriptions?

• Richard Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the "Subscriptions." There are umpteen pages with address that appear that I don't want to subscribe to. They either will not delete of send you to dead pages.

• RG Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well? remove all subscription emails button, like now! this is not secure, links to 90% of these are BS and have no reply address or say not secure. Take subscriptions away if that's the fix and put them in email so they can be sent to junk/spam /bs/ or other??

• Bill Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a delete all button to remove email addresses stored in the section - Subscriptions.

• s_kupper Kupper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I have a bunch of subscriptions I never explicitly agreed to? Also, why am I unable to remove many of said subscriptions?

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Settings Mail Subscripttions is a poorly thought out feature. I want to disable it.

• J G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem and the support tech I have been corresponding with over a month says it will be fixed with the next update! Whenever that is??!! Why is this even happening? I have NEVER signed up for these things and 95% of them are spam/junk mail that I have blocked and deleted.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since starting this inquiry over a month ago, I've accumulated 228 unknown subscriptions and not a step closer to solve this issue for a single hotmail user here with the same problem.

• Sherry Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah why is there so many subscriptions that we are NOT signing up for ?? Why is't someone looking into this ! There are many that I cannot delete either !! x
    Also my account is STILL listed under a child's account. FIX IT !!!

• natalie_l_harper@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am tired of deleting subscriptions I never subscribed to in the first place. Then you can not delete them. Please remove the subscription feature and allow the control with the safe sender feature.

• kellyk40@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant unsubscribe from an unknown source
    "LV Outlets" with address: wowygu2277@9519. When I try to unsubscribe I get a pop up message saying " Couldn't Unsubscribe.... Couldn't' remove your subscription. Please try again later" Doesn't remove when I do try again later.

• MARK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you selling our info to scammers? This setting is showing all these scammers claiming we subscribed and can not delete. You have some explaining to do.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base