OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

708 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

336 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant get my e-mails, getting past e-mails instead

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please give an update on this issue? It seems like a lot of us experience issues with sending.

• mariegoyette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using Outlook, and I already find myself frustrated with this limited e.mail rule, can't send as many as I want or need...what's that about?????
    you keep asking me to solve that ridiculous bear puzzle, and verify my account every other minute...
    what are you going to do about this?

• TMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I filter my emails by "unread", open an unread email and hit reply, it opens as a second window within hotmail, and the text I'm responding to is not included in my new draft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent 6 email´s today and they aren´t sent. They keep pending in the outgoing box saying processing...Can you fix this please?

• las730 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, plus cannot put anything in Subject.
    Just started happening 4/20/19

Everytime I try to send an e-mail, an internal server error keeps happening. Please fix this right away.

• fuck you commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I JUST WROTE A VERY IMPORTANT EMAIL AND THE THING NEVER EVEN SENT, IT WENT TO DRAFTS EMPTY OF TEXT WHAT THE ****!!!

• Larry S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So why does whatever term I search recently via firefox suddenly get spam junk email .... it used to be all viaga spam.. now it's assorted other terms I search online ... suddenly there are junk articles on a variety of items ... like solar panels ... things I randomly search suddenly has a junk mail spam ad attached ... and only in this one microsoft email account ... all my other accounts have none ... neither does gmail ... just one hotmail account ... how does that work ? AND in ten years ... MIcrosoft has done nothing to prevent that .... absolutely nothing ... despite being told numerous times, not even a reply ... just ****. So now I like LInux much better for any work .... no more WIndows, it's as junk as their email is ... got tired of fixing seven hours to work one hour and the MS replies ...please pay ... sorry that is not supported ....

How do you post anything ...it's a mystery ... try control minus to make the browser really small and somewhere near the bottom you get a "post" button.... if you can find it ... how do you post twice ? you don't ... the button disappears .... so then just pick a comment to reply to and post to it instead ...but between one page and the next MIcrosoft has no clue it's the same browser and same window ... just a link ... you then have to enter your email to post .... for a company that claims to be a world leader they sure have no clue at all .... how they ever sold windows at all for as long as they did is a mystery to me ... it's pretty much as much junk as their email is ...

send mails also goes to my in box and complicated screen not good looking at all dates are mixed up current email not appear on top sent emails are also appear in in box

Having trouble sending emails when using firefox browser. No trouble with explorer. Happening for the last 2-3 weeks.

• Claudia Ungureanu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot send or receive emails and I do not know what the reason is.
    Kindly help me out to have the email address fully functional. I am expecting some important emails from overseas.
    Thank you.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base