OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

700 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

336 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can receive emails but cannot reply. Add new message and it doesn't go to "drafts" and will not "send". Cannot "delete" individual or entire folder other than junk mail. Cannot get any response from Hotmail engineer.. many other tabs do not respond. Maybe a serious problem since so many other are experiencing similar problems.

• Selim Zabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not use send button to send messages, reply or forward messages, to make it worse I can not sign out from my Outlook account. We need a patch to fix this.

• Selim Zabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not send my emails by clicking on send button, I can not also click to reply on my received messages or to forward them. Also, to make it worse I can not click on sign out. I have to close down my page. All buttons get freezed. We need a patch to fix these features.

• Les commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for me all forwarded and reply emails go into the drafts folder and never get sent

• Steven J. Auld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same for me, nothing gets sent not even an email to support engineer. it forces me to enter a Cell Phone number so it can
    send a text message. I do not own a cell nor will i borrow one.

• Joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For weeks now I have not been able to send emails when replying to an email directly from inbox. I have to save my reply into my drafts and then re open and send from the drafts folder. Not sure why this is happening but it is really annoying

• Julie Dolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this same issue because my inbox is full. I have almost 5000 emails in my Deleted Items folder and they will not delete. I have tried deleting additional emails, but they won't add to the Deleted Items folder. I called Tech Support and I was told I would have to spend $129 to buy more storage so they could work on fixing my acount. This does not sound right.

• Osvaldo Caetano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Olá eu tenho outra conta do hotmail e no entanto essa conta está bloqueada e não consigo acessá-la estou passando por grandes dificuldades preciso da vossa ajuda para recuperar a minha outra conta!!!

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for me, hit send and the message goes to drafts. Can't send anything out.

My Outlook app is sending all email I compose and send into the draft box also. Now I can't post a new event on the calendar, either. The calendar has what I posted to it on the computer, but the phone app doesn't allow me to add new events.

• Pablo Santa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. Every time I compose or reply to an email it goes to the draft and never gets sent. I cannot longer use hotmail. What is going on? :-(

• Mary Theodosiou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant send or receive emails, this is very frustrating and holding a lot of important emails up for me... please fix this asap!!!

• Rolando Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why it does not go back to my inbox messages list right after replying or sending an e-mail?
    thanks

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but it seems like the "send" button in the email moves from the top to the bottom of the message when replying. I've noticed when I send an original message, the send button is up top. When I reply to someone, the send button gets relocated to below the message content, and "reply" takes its place. When I'm clicking on what I think is "send" (because that's where it WAS) is actually opening a new reply, and my already-written message gets sent to drafts. I suggest they keep the "send" button in one location, regardless of what action you're performing.

definitely switching to my Gmail account going forward. I didn't realize this was happening until today. And it's been happening for over 2 weeks I am realizing. Get it together Outlook

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base