OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

332 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • chidionum@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I was the only one. I currently can't send emails as they all end up in the draft folder. I am new on the outlook platform and was wondering if there were settings I missed. Really disappointed that outlook could have a bug this basic

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really annoying, this happned for me too thrice... all sent mails are shown in drafts...

• sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same position, I have to send out a lot of important policies today and all my emails are in draft!! whats going on??? seriously don't have time for this. How long before this issue is Fix??

• Pino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem since today. Sent emails not being sent. They just sit in drafts, and sometimes they don't even contain the text and annex files I had put in them!!!

• Szymon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At first I thought it was my Lumia 950xl that was outdated. But no, the same problem exists when sending from the webapp on my pc. Please fix this!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening on the non-beta version of my hotmail too!!

Please fix this URGENTLY. I cannot send important emails.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So annoying. I am almost getting in trouble with a client just because my emails are being saved in draft instead of being sent. Total ****!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having exactly the same problem.....REALLY annoying!

• Ines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - they go to teh draft folder even if I clicked on SEND. And then I cannot retrieve them from there anymore, just see the preview, but can't get to the actual draft.
    the only option was to turn the BETA test off!

I tried contact us but their suggestions didn't work. Still having problems with email going into Draft then can't be sent. I was sending an important email and had to cut and Paste into a Word document then create a new email and cut and paste again took me 30 minutes or more, grrrr.

Same thing happens to me and I get frustrated. I tried clicking on File then Options as instructed but couldn't find Options under the File tab.

• M Tenney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! Twice in the past week my emails have stayed in drafts and not sent after I've pressed send. I've had to apologize to clients because I thought I sent them something time sensitive, only to have them get back to me several days later asking where it is. This needs to be fixed ASAP or I'll have to find another email system. I can't be double checking my drafts and sent folders every time I send an email.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base