OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

716 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

339 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wendy Lebs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been happening to me for about 7 months now -since I got my new OWA work email. It's been VERY frustrating. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. I'm wondering if it could be the browser? Possibly Cache/Coookies/History slowing it down?

Just some thoughts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this just happened to me minuetes ago thats why im typing this now. i hve sent several other email the last few day and none of those went to drafts.

SOLVED: I have several Hotmail & Outlook accounts and I can use the drop-down menu to choose which one to use as the "sender" -- but sometimes if I don't use the actual email account (as the sender) that I am actually logged into at that moment, then it will not send the email and will put it in the "Drafts" folder instead.

I went to the draft folder, chose the "edit" option and changed the sender email to the actual one that I was currently logged into, and that draft was FINALLY sent out.

SOLVED: I have several Hotmail & Outlook accounts and I can use the drop-down menu to choose which one to use as the "sender" -- but sometimes if I don't use the actual email account (as the sender) that I am actually logged into at that moment, then it will not send the email and will put it in the "Drafts" folder instead.

I went to the draft folder, chose the "edit" option and changed the sender email to the actual one that I was currently logged into, and that draft was FINALLY sent out.

• Chris DiSano-Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to me as well, has this been resolved? I will have to use another email until then or forever, because it is embarrassing that the receiver receives multiple, I mean multiple copies of my one email, besides copies going into my drafts and sent folders.

• kandplombard@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I write an email, multiple copies of single email go to draft folder. It is related to how long I take to write the email. Last week, when I was interrupted a few times, and took over an hour before sending, I had over 2500 draft copies in folder. Just now, on a 3 sentence email, I had 6 copies of draft and it 'sent' 4 times.
    What is happening?

• ALDIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant even send 1 mail, the receiving e-mail address dissapears in the sending part, but freCKING multiplies in the draft section... How tf is this even happening?????

• Bonnie Groessl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to me too, but it's not all emails. Even when I respond sometimes it goes to draft. This needs to be fixed. I have tried everything. Please help!

I have many users experiencing this. Microsoft strikes again, with their bloated, ****** software packages. We're returning to Thunderbird. It is far superior.

Something is wrong with Outlook and AVG antivius softerware, I think. When I try to attach documents an picture files it takes very long time to upload or sometimes nothing happens at all.

When I did not send anything, Outlook just keeps making drafts of the same draft email like 100 over times, it is spamming my draft folder. Please look into AVG antivirus software compatibility and Outlook. Thanks.

• Mr. Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue!
    I send my email and it go's in to the draft folder.
    If I open the email in draft and then send it again, then the email will send, but sends two time!

I am having the same issue, with one twist. When the email does finally send, it disappears completely! It is not in the Draft or Sent folder. If I don't CC myself, I would have no record of it being sent. This is same when done from all of my devices, and both versions.

• Doreen Theys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue .. I have to hit re-send in drafts and make sure it goes.. but then it doesn't show up in sent folder .. I've sent many emails.. but not sure if they are being received..what's happening to fix this???

• K Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I turned off the beta because my sent messages, if I spend a little too long editing them, end up in the drafts folder. I try to send and send and send and even though it appears they're not going anywhere, they all end up sending. I'm trying to apply for jobs and it was making me look like a fool. No thanks on the beta.

Please stop your expeiments! It is impossible to use hotmail. No new messages, all sent messages in draft box!

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base