OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

680 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

332 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gabrielle Morin-Lefebvre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem ! It was working fine before, and I never was flagged before, so I don't understand why it changes so easily ! I verified my account recently as well ! I have no idea who could reported me as this is my business address and I'm not really a prince from nigeria ! I hope this situation is fixed soon as clients just emailed me I was put into ''spam'' and it's very inconvenient. Is it because I have to keep sending each draft ? I never had suspicious activities and wasn't flag before. It's been a couple days only since my outlook is glitching like this it was working fine before !

• Not Myrealname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this problem. Solved it by disabling the COM addin "Outlook Social Connector 2016". In Outlook: File/Manage Com Addins, then locate Outlook Social Connector 2016", check "Disable this add-on," and click Apply. Now, "sending" messages actually sends them, and doesn't put them in the Outbox as drafts.

• Chris Berkley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get the same. The email from Outlook android app is reported 'Sent'. Then 10 seconds later there is a message on screen saying:
    "An error occurred
    Your message failed to send. PLease contact your email admin for additional support. Your message has been returned to your drafts folder."

Outlook on my PC works fine and everything else syncs fine. I don't want to uninstall the app because I have several email accounts to set up all over again.
    This appeared to start after the update received on Monday 10th June.
    Gmail works fine on the outlook app, as does a POP account
    How can I fix this?

• Bernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why mess with it when it wasnt broken?
    HOTMAIL worked perfectly..

WHY move the send button?
    WHY name hotmail OUTLOOK when you already sell a product called OUTLOOK???????????????????????????????

• Jody Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is there a limit on the number of emails that i can send in a day? that does not make sense.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens to me every time I send an email. Please tell me how sending an email is suspicious when I am using a **** email client. I have to make many draft click send doesn't work. Copy paste re-try, dosen't work. again and again.

outlook is hot garbage.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find once I hit send it creates a draft, if I go to the outbox it shows up as a draft but will not send. If I right click on the draft and select forward, it turns the draft into a deliverable email and then I need to delete the draft. Too many steps but at least I can now make sure things are sending.

• Sharon Aydlette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My sent mail goes to Draft mail. It reads...
    something like.." It appears your email is either spam or there is nothing but links. Please make the aprpopiate changes and retry"

• Pamela Dack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this issue also. My SEND items are getting stuck in my DRAFT or SENDING folder. I have to manually go into them and force them to send from those points.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had this problem on my mobile outlook client for about a month now .. if not longer.

I find I have to go to my desktop in order to open and then send. Just a guess, but perhaps it is some sort of syncing conflict.

• Azahar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, I also experience the same problem as my email goes to drafts and does not get sent. How to solve this issue? There is nothing about verification instruction pops up.

• Maritza McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having same issues. When I respond to email it looks like it's in draft form forever. Recipients actually receive email even though it's not reflected in sent folder and draft is still there. It's driving me crazy. What's the fix for this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! Plus it won't let me delete them from the draft folder. So frustrating!

• Jerry Kane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is sending all email I compose into the draft box. Been going on way too long now. What's going on?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base