OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

"Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

783 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

johnsoncitybirthclass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

366 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Romi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is stressing me, no Email’s sending just going to draft and sits there, approched Outlook support and even they look clueless

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No.
    Persistent problem
    Microsoft Apps couldn't help
    I need Level II Outlook webmail Help

Same issue and Microsoft don't seem to care to solve the issue at hand. Absolutely amazing their lack of urgency and customer service

This email platform is almost impossible to use due to its inconsistency. Sometimes it sends sometimes it does not.

• Jerry Ganger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My emails are being sent to draft & not being sent. Please help me solve this problem immediately

• kaavik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just started happening to me also. Using Google email address with latest Outlook O365 on MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.14.5 (Mojave).

• Edu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lately outlook is doing this thing. My sends are going into draft and afterwards sent, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. I have lost some business because I didn't notice this before. Go back to gmail is not an option because it has another problem that i can't delete emails.
    Plus when I delete drafts, they appear again.
    Please, fix it.

• Jake Myrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this same problem and your instructions on how to clear this up are not clear? What is this mean "please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft."? please give us a link or at least better directions.

My email goes directly to drafts I have updated everything and deleted and added outlook again
    Still not working. I can receive emails but not send

• Anne SETH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having the same problem . Messages being sent are not sending and are being saved as draft . Please rectify it is not acceptable

• Jill Jacobi-Vessels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help. I am trying to sent important enrollment information to the parents in all of our classrooms using groups I set up in contacts. Most classrooms sent with no issues but four of them kept going into drafts and not sending. I am tired and it is going on 9 PM on a holiday. I came in all day because I needed to get things done.

• Stephen Cruickshank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue starting happening whilst sending emails on android and only discovered by accident when seeing draft messages on Windows Outlook. This needs to get solved.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base