OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Delete/undo popup

What's with the delete/undo popup? Don't need. Distracting.

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

O Benton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cliff Boulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another "Techie" with nothing better to do than invent things to annoy us "Punters". What a useless Pop-Up this Undo is.

WHY NOT UNDO IT AND THE BLOKE THAT THOUGHT IT UP???

• Barb Schmale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE this new version of Outlook. The cursor stays on the send button and if u hit the wrong key- it sends before u are ready. Most of the time it sends a blank email. And that STUPID grey box at the bottom that tells u that you have deleted is just stupid and gets in the way constantly. All in all nothing good about this version.

• Mauro Giacomet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearly a hack that shows Microsoft acknowledges there is a problem with the trash bin (too hard to find deletes items?), it's become too hard to fix it and so they decided to put a terrible "patch" to cover the problem. REMOVE this "feature"!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted NO for the annoying delete/undo useless popup, absolutely a waste of time, good heavens what's next?

NO VOTE - REMOVE IT.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more thing to check (or not) to get rid of yet one more popup. I already know what I can delete and what I can UNDO....

Absolutely non-value added.
    Annoying and useless.
    Please show me a way to DISABLE this annoying feature.

Anyway to shut this SPAM off from Microsoft? Not Microsoft, they say they are...

This is Microsoft Online Safety:
    MOSAF.MREA.WW.00.EN.CVG.MNL.AU.T01.SPT.SG.EM@css.one.microsoft.com>

Does Microsoft ever read this stuff from Microsoft - do they ever do anything about what truly annoys people like the popup delete/undo?

• duey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is distracting, unnecessary, and blocks the screen when I am deleting and going on to the next email.

• Michael B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 'new' feature is definitely unwanted, redundant, and a Big waste of valuable developer time. Why did you add this useless & distracting feature on hotmail? Is it that you just want to annoy the current users so much that they just find another email platform? Please tell how you came to justify creating it in the first place? Inexplicable!
    btw, I did NOT enable this worthless option in the Settings, so I don't know how this feature auto-enabled.
    btw, I did NOT change my Settings, so why this worthless feature all of a sudden self-enabled is a mystry.

• Michael B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 'new' feature is definitely unwanted, redundant, and a Big waste of valuable developer time. Why did you add this useless & distracting feature on hotmail? Is it that you just want to annoy the current users so much that they just find another email platform? Please tell how you came to justify creating it in the first place? Inexplicable!

• Sheila D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so ridiculous...when I move an email I KNOW where I have moved it...I do not need an irritating popup to tell me. When I delete something I know I have deleted it...again, I do NOT Need an irritating popup to tell me. Got some real smart people working full time to think these things up do you??

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found you can turn it off! It's in Settings, General, Notifications. At the bottom, under 'Action confirmations,' uncheck the box that says, 'Confirm that the action was successful.'

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base