OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

does blocking emails work

If I block an email is it just wasting my time or does it work and how long does it take to work

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

spann_john shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ckaraatli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

outlook or hotmail's block system does not work properly. although i block, spam and phishing emails keep coming from the same server or ip addresses. the same with the marking button for phishing or spams, nothing changes !... i guess, these buttons are totally phsycological, not functional at wall. i guess, outlook or Hotmail has no security system against spammers and phishers, they just try to look like so….

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does the Block option in the "Not Junk" drop down actually work? I've added senders and still get emails from them in Junk folder. Shouldnt they not show up anywhere in any folder if they are blocked?

• mis_chiff@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why donesn't the block work? everyday the sme stuff that I did NOT sign up for. I block same addresses all the time - when they use mine I report phising...is anything e
    ver done??

• pales44ley@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no blocking for Hotmail, when can this be implemented to do what the name indicates???? Now it is just a name and button. If it is there now how long does it take for it to work ?, I have been blocking the same things for years.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello? anybody home. Blocking dosen't work, what's wrong with this picture. Help.... please get this thing to work, since it never really did.

I keep getting emails from accounts I've blocked or reported for phishing activity. I'm to the point where I want to close this account up c

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It all sees rather haphazard.
    Blocking some sites appears to work but not others.
    Then sometimes sites that were blocked seem to reappear

BLOCKED EMAILS does not work. I block 50 to 100 spam emails a day and the bext day they are there again. OUTLOOK, why bother to give us the choice of blocking an email when YOU do not do so.

• Frank Dillon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please really stop emails from showing up in mt email, if you cannot or will not block unwanted incoming emails then let me know !

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base