Undo box

Don't like new grey box appearing to undo delete

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sandra Winschief shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can you please make sure that the regret button for deleted mails can be removable. Extremely annoying that it comes up all the time.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding additional clicks to the delete action is not a feature, it's simply annoying. If I want to recover an email I just deleted it's right there in the deleted folder. Add the option to disable this annoying "feature" or remove it entirely.

• Jm wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people like this, I DO NOT. Why do we need it when Delete only puts mail in a Deleted folder, it does not delete it forever. (Unless one selects that non-default option.)
    So either get rid of this annoying button or provide users an Option to Not Display the Undo button

• theschwoogler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to see it either so I am hoping that the instructions from Amy regarding how to disable it are correct.

• D.B. COOK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Redundant, give us the option to disable this pain in the backside. It is in the way.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found you can turn it off! It's in Settings, General, Notifications. At the bottom, under 'Action confirmations,' uncheck the box that says, 'Confirm that the action was successful.'

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base