OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

block senders

This No Longer Works
1) Select the item in the message list
2) Select the “Junk” dropdown in the top level menu bar
3) Select “Block”
I tried to block some unwanted senders today and the Block Sender NOW DOES NOT WORK. I sent 10 Sender To The Block List and none of them went to the list. I selected 1 at a time and tried to block it and it still did not go too my list. DO YOU TEST YOUR FIXES OR EXPECT CUSTOMERS TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT??? How Do I Block Them Now Have To Write Down Every Address & Hand Type Into You ADD Line In The Block Sender Section???? Waste Of My Time!!!!

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sdfs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. This is really not acceptable. On top of it, one outlook.com file is STILL missing! What is going on at MSFT??

• Janet Chow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blocking function used to work fine but lately, it hasn't been working @ all. Hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

• Willemina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already 5 days my maps are blocked . When I enter the page
    of my outlook.com I can see all the maps, as inbox, sent, etc., I receive my mails as normally, but I cannot open them.
    Does sombody know how to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

• rmgoshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We cannot block unwanted email addresses at all. When you insert an email and hit add in the junk feature, it will not save the unwanted spam email. Please correct this feature. It is a real hassle not being able to do anything. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP. Thank you.

• anthony sinclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did I remember correctly that you only get a certain number of blocks and then you can't block anymore once you reach that threshold and if so how many blocks are you allowed? Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Block on Junk mail does not work. I get the same Junk over and over for weeks or months even though I may Block them every day

• m.omasta@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep reporting a specific type of emails as phishing (as Outlook.com support suggested). I've been doing so for over 6 months with no effect - they keep getting into my Inbox folder.

The pattern is very simple: Sender name is sth like noreply@apple.com, sender email: noreply.reportunusualyactivitydirection1955136@desabacu.com.
    Two entirely different addresses. Two different domains. Obviously a fake email.
    What's shocking is that sender name is the only thing visible in message preview. A regular mortal will get mugged very easily.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pathetic that Microsoft is not doing anything to rectify this lack of being able to block junk emails. They make no effort to answer any of the complaints to indicate there is a problem and they are/are not working on the issue. I am so sick of not being able to stop these junk emails!

• ab10-4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft,

I am writing to let you know that I am still having trouble adding email addresses/domains to my blocked senders list. I also added rules to automatically delete messages from these addresses, but they kept coming.

When I checked the blocked senders list, the addresses weren't there. Yes, I typed them in and clicked "save" and the button "lit up", but the addresses were never saved. I double checked the rules that I put in. And yes, I read the articles for which you sent links after my last email fiasco.

I finally got the system to save the address after FIVE tries and it now shows on the list. I added more rules for these same senders and I will have to wait to see if they work.

Don't bother writing back to me again
    with the "I'm sorry you are having difficulty. . . . etc." The last time I sent in a question in December and the problem wasn't resolved until March, after about a dozen emails! I will not write back this time, as I have no intention of getting on your "Outlook support merry-go-round" again. I just wanted you to know that this thing still doesn't work right. Your upgrade was really a downgrade. It's a good thing I don't depend on email a lot for work because I could never put up with this hassle on a daily basis. Outlook would go out the window.

Best regards,
    AB

• xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

request add feature,in block sender and domain page, add checkbox to send all blocked email to a folder of my choice(example called "spam" or "blocked") instead of to the junk folder

• Michael Jozwiak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blocking and phishing doesn't seem to work for me either. I tag many every day and they keep appearing following days. Why?

Nor, do I think anyone at MS reads this either. Hence, no response from them on this thread.

• ARDALUCAS@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm tired of blocking the same senders. It seems the more I block, the more of the same junk I get. It's ridiculous! Something needs to be done about this. I went three days without blocking the spammers, and I had over 400 new emails that I had to go through. This has been going on for years. Are you even reading the complaints? Why are you not doing anything about this?!

really starting to think about after 15 years of this, moving over to another mail carrier........just because its a hotmail account doesnt mean i am any less a valuable customer ...for a year now i have been blocking the same spammers yet you let them through ........

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base