OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

30 day passcode

I want the 30 day wait for password change removed from my account. i dont need any security except my own security. Can't stand it beyond belief. Exempt my account from any 30 day wait. I dont appreciate anyone sweating my security except my self. Hate co dependency. Leave my account alone unless I invite you for assistance with something I cant resolve myself.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kwise23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

30 day wait period is ridiculous. Online chat associate needs to be able to wave this if I contact them/ verify thats its me and tell them that I need to access it now. My account was hacked and I need to see what was done to it now so I can try to fix it. 30 days from now I will have moved on with my life and not even remembered this problem that I need to fix and the activity on my account will have increased by 30 days of me doing everything else on it.

• Marc Altman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently added my cell phone number to my hotmail account for verification. The account will not be able to access information on the cell phone security for 30 days and I must wait the entire 30 days to clear and delete information now on the edge browser and other secure information. Why the wait. Your software is faulty. If I put in a change it should be immediate and there is no reason for a waiting period. What would happen if I gave up my landline and only had access to the cell phone number. Or did your brilliant engineers not consider this??? There should be no wait required for a change like this and if I did give up my landline I would be bound by email and locked out for 30 days to access the information. What is the servicee and what are you doing in the 30 days that is required for this to take effect. I forgot who I am dealing with. Microsoft. Known the world over for software that does not work or is so burdensome as to cause one to move to another platform. You should fix this.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to change my password urgently because my account is at risk and it won't let me! Outlook is completely unworkable and impossible to use.

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Won't accept my new password. I've been faffing about for ages today.

• Sanjiwho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't change my password for 30 day because I activate 2 factor authentication (cause of a hacker)... So the guy can do whatever the **** he want for 30 day and even canceling my 2 factor anthetication... Genius Microsoft !!! GENIUS !!

• Erin Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to change my password and it's so difficult! I don't know what's going on but some security thing has been locked for a month on my account. All I want to do is change my password. How can it be this hard?!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ya me too, unable change password the code didnt receive although enter the local cell phone.

• Sahil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi could you please help me asap. my phone has been stolen and i need to change the password urgently. and am unable to do so since you need to verify. please help urgently.

• Mr. Hamaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to change password; prevented from doing so until 3.18.2019 with update today in correct phone number. Put glaring obvious note for all of us to first change password before requesting change in phone number. Unacceptable to be required to wait 4 + weeks for ability to change password for security purposes!

Sane thing just happened to me! I have to wait a month to change my password?!?!

I just had to wait a month in order to change my password, than I had to change my number now I have to wait another month to update my security information, This is unreal.

• carla rojas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't change my password and I found it on a dump file, really Microsoft?? I have to wait 30 days to get my info updated

Same. I don't need a 30 day wait to change my password. Now there's a massive password breach and I am unable to do anything about it with my hotmail account. I will be removing my hotmail account and ensuring that all in my network do the same thing.

Trying to change my password - does it really take a month for you to verify my account?

• idi620 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to change my password instantly. Message appeared that my secruity info updates on 1/25/2019, what is that meant? why wait till so long. I want to change password only.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base