OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

new messages broken

Every time I open a new message window and start to type an email address into the "To" field, it crashes. Please fix. This is very very annoying.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

linda.carroll@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Outlook Online account has been giving me the "something went wrong" error page every time I try to forward an email for several days now.

• keithwinter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't compose a new message. Page errors out when I start to type in email address.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It started this morning. Whenever I try to send a new e-mail, as soon as I type any letter in the Recipient line, I get redirected to "Something Went Wrong" page, prompting me to refresh the page. It doesn't work. Tried it from multiple computers. Still the same. Tried it from work, home, friend's house, neighbor's house. Still the same. Impossible to send new e-mail by typing a recipient or trying to add one from Contacts.

• harrison_pamela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Error message whenever I begin typing an email address. Only works if I cut and paste email address. Just started happening yesterday.

• David Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot use contacts when starting a new msg. Outlook trips out and says refresh page. Ist time this happened, it worked after refresh, but now it does not.

• weihua_90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new message can not be send.
    when want write the other person email address, the message 'something went wrong' keep coming out.

• dtroglio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sending an email, I used to be able to type the first letter, now I get a screen saying "Something Went Wrong"

I've checked this function on multiple computers - same result

• keithwinter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the past couple of days I cannot compose a new message without getting an error saying "something went wrong" as soon as I start to type in the email address of the person I am trying to send it to.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Outlook account will not allow me to compose a new message. It pulls up the screen, but as soon as I enter a letter in the address line it states Something Went Wrong.

• Sarah Foll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't type anything in the "To" line without the whole page crashing/reloading. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Thank you!

• todg keep smiling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I type in an email address in the To or CC ..... it crashes for no reason .... Win10 Firefox -on Samsung Android no problem

• nbhat1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot compose new messages. Cannot type in receiver's address in the TO button area

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base