OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

verify

I cannot log onto outlook.com because it wants to verify who I am by texting me a pass code. I do not own a cellphone so cannot receive the code. Therefore I am locked out. All Microsoft online support could suggest is for me to go out and buy a cellphone. There has to be another way to verify. This issue also means I cannot send any emails using Microsoft Mail. Please fix issue.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Glenn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also get the limit exceeded error. The fun fact is that I have already payed Micrsoft money to unlock this account as a developer account, but I cannot use it in the dev console until it is verified something I only found out after paying them money.

• dogooder391 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should not assume that everyone has a cell phone or is willing to give out their cell phone number to verify account. Please provide alternate means of verifying account such as second email address or a phone call code (without text)

• Tony Tripp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am being asked to verify...have done so TWICE ...STILL being asked.....if it continues I will close the account...I have a new email address anyway.

• outlook_243BF82346F4F491 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't "Verify" my identity because you insist on sending me a text message. I have no way to receive text messages. So I'm backing out from trying to send something to myself since I think I have the data anyhow. SUGGESTION: allow email as well as stupid text messaging.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I have to verify every time I sign in????? So annoying! Just sign me in!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you keep asking me to verify my account and then tell me that the usage limit is exceeded. It is extremely frustrating and a complete waste of my time.

• rossbg@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should all have the option on how we verify our account. SMS contact email landline call for us to receive the code

• PSYCHOMAFIA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

daily limit exceeded. verified account twice by phone. then it asked me a third time. did it and said i had exceeded it. what is going on? i have loads of business emails to send today and your joke of an email system is ruining that.

• Cat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to set up an account for my elderly father. Neither of us have a mobile phone - can't afford it. The demand for a mobile number is locking a lot of people out of the service. Is there any reason why the verification cannot be sent to another email address -such as my email address?

• John Scales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. But I can't verify because it keeps telling me to try again tomorrow

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How in the world are we to get into our email without a number to text too?? I can make another email account, but, then I have to try to remember who all was on this one!

• misty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree. people need to stop assuming things. not everyone has a cell phone.

• Charles Smeltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a VoIP number but Microsoft refuses to send text verification to FreedomPop number, which uses AT&T towers. I too can not send even 1 email. Alternatively, it would be nice to be able to verify by Google or Facebook account.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base