OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I want solid color backgrounds back for categories on all-day events. With only colored text, the events are much harder to spot.

Solid color backgrounds for all-day events.

47 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

michael.fenemore@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alexandru.margoi@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be much better if the colors of the categories in my calendar will be displayed on the background of the text. Not only the text and the small line, as it is hard to differentiate the colors. But instead of that, the events should be displayed as a colored band.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. It is not a good visual for colored text. Bring back the solid color background.

• Gregory Neese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Calendar is too difficult to read. It is colored text on a white background. The text used to have a backdrop so it was easier to spot, and to read. That was erased with the new update.

• DRivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old solid color bars were simple and easy to read. The colored text, and limited palette make the calendar much more difficult to read. Printed calendars are even more difficult to read as well without a solid color bar. This is a step away from user friendly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this! I use the all-day events often and want to be able to see at a glance which category they are from.

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly prefer the solid BACKGROUND bar of the color categories in the month-view. The colored lettering of event names in the beta isn't visible/distinctive enough. The solid colored bar/background of events names in the classic is so much easier to browse at a glance. PLEASE bring that back.

• edna_zo@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't like the calendar look on beta. I really like that the old one has the colored bars rather than colored text. Also, showing a cycle icon for repeating events in the calendar view is distracting. Like the way how the old one has the edit details panel but it would be useful to improve how events are shared with other platforms. Right now it won't allow me to send calendar events to a friend with a gmail account, much less share a calendar

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base