OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Can not move subfolder to a folder of the same level as inbox/drafts folder

I have one subfolder and I cant move it to the root level (same level as inbox/junk email/draft/sent items)

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to change a subfolder back to be a main folder again. I used to do this - by clicking on the subfolder name and dragging it and hovering on "Folders" until it said "Move to Base". This doesn't work any more.

• ntpttr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't promote subfolders to folders. I made a folder a subfolder of another folder, and can't find a way anywhere to drag it out of the folder and make it a top-level folder again in the new React UI.

• paulblamire@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't move a folder to the root level, only create a new one. If you do drag a folder that is subfolder of say Inbox, you can only drag it to be an sub folder of an existing folder in the root.

• Atte Peltonen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is currently no way to make a mail subfolder back to a normal folder, thank you very much, say if you have accidentally grabbed it in futile hope to be able to re-organize the placement, as that too is set in stone alphabetically. Do you think you could actually do something in benefit to your users?

Agreed this is a horrible change. I can't believe they would remove such a standard basic feature such as being able to drag and drop folders into your desired order. Now dragging and dropping just makes that folder a subfolder of another one. The solution to this problem on their support page is: "If you accidentally make a folder a sub-folder, create a new top-level folder and copy all your email from the sub-folder to the new top-level folder. " Hilarious. Outlook.com has become the joke that Internet Explorer always was and look what happened to that. It died just like Outlook.com will with all these terrible design flaws. It's embarrassing.

• Edward Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop putting **** out that does not work. Folder online accidentally moved to sub folder. Cant move back. if I cant move it back I should not be able to move down. Fix your ****.

I accidentally moved top folder, so it became a sub folder of other folder. I tried dragging out but it can only become sub folder of others, no way to make it top folder. This is an amateur level.

Please allow sorting folders and sub-folders. Preferably alphabetically.

It is really cumbersome and inefficient to look through an entire list of folders when they're in near-random order, or merely in the order in which they were created.

• Palvinder_K@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recall seeing an option to be able to get a subfolder out of it's subfolder position, and put it in with the main folders.. I can no longer do that.

• eaglesoar88@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i accidentally moved an important folder by just clicking on it. NOW I can't move it back. I can only move it INTO OTHER FOLDERS. Before all your stupid changes you could.
    I don't want to have to deal with your stupid changes every year.
    my suggestion is quit screwing with us by making LESS effective changes, and let me move the folder where *I* want it.
    here's an idea, if somthing works. LEAVE IT ALONE!

• Chris Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't move a subfolder to the top-level. Can only move it to a subfolder of a different folder.

• jon.holiday@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why, oh why, did they make the folders so complicated? Why do they not even show until the three bars are clicked? Why is there no sane human overseeing the geeks who have no common sense when they make these changes? I need the Inbox, Drafts, Deleted Items, Sent Items, and Archives. Some of these are not even available in the "Add favorite" column. Dumb. Stupid. Geeks.

• Tony Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot find a way to move a subfolder to the top level. No UI for managing folders.

How do I move my junk email, and deleted email, folders back up to the top?

• shaensly@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I create a new folder in my Inbox, it places it directly under the Inbox folder, which is then separated from all the other folders by the Junk Email, Drafts, Sent Items, etc. before getting to the alphabetical folders. I can't move the new folder down to the alphabetical folders. Please advise.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base