OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

password change

Hello, My password has been compromised. But since my security info was linked with my old job email. I cant send code there. But if i change my security info to my cellphone,, it will take 1 month to validate! That means I can't change my password during 1 month! What should I do?
Please help!
Thank you!
Qian

0 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

veraday1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jessica_c_123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My account has been hacked around 4pm today. I received an email from a contact Joan Ritchie that I had opened I then noticed that I was receiving a number of emails stating that emails had failed. I then had various collegues message me and ask why I had sent them certain things, It looks as if it has sent emails to nearly my full contact list. These emails entail of things that I have sent previously to other recipients. Some of these emails entail important and confidential details as I am a Support worker I carry information on vulnerable adults through email to others of importance. I tried to reset my password however I could not as my email address was linked with my old mobile number. I have requested this to be changed but it states I must wait 30 days. I cannot however wait this long as my email account is important to my job. I called the Microsoft help line my reference 1457993212. I really hope you can help me change my password before 30 days or completely close my account as this is to much of a risk

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base