OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Deleted Items Folder - Mass vs Selective Delete of Items

Deleted Items Folder - Need to be able to delete items by the page by clicking the Deleted Items button - available in previous version. New version selects all mail in Deleted Items folder to be deleted. I now have to select emails individually to delete - wasting my time.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that in any folder, holding down Shift then clicking the last item on the page selects everything on that page only. I may then apply actions in bulk like delete, move or what not.

I am not an Outlook employee.

• Dody Preston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE BRING THIS BACK. WE SAVE EMAILS FOR A REASON. DONT WANT TO EMPTY ALL. ALSO WOULD BE NICE IF WE HAD A RULE TO KEEP LONGER THAN 10 DAYS BEFORE DELETE. LIKE SAY 6 MONTHS.

• Sunshine AV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep trying to delete all >100,000 messages from my inbox but the folder never empties!! or from my Deleted items, that never empties. What is going on??!!

• JeanmarieH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had written a post that has not be 'approved' by moderator yet, agreeing with you on delete issues. However, I just tried this and it works... click on an email then shift-click on the last email you see on the page and all the emails in between highlight (similar in other MS products). You can then choose to delete only the selected emails. If there is an email in the midst of the page just click on that one to not have it in the delete selection. YA!!!

• JeanmarieH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my biggest complaint too. I get so much ****** email that I want to delete pages at a time so I can find the email I really want, just like before! Who in the world thinks that the only deleting options should be your entire inbox at once or one at a time?!?! Ridiculous. I have no time to now manually select 50 junk emails that manage to come in a day. I now have 500 emails to manually delete BUT there are emails that I want to keep too. GRRRRRR!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WANT to delete emails - but NOT BY clicking one by one - and NOT all of them at once - WHAT HAPPENED TO page by page delete options?

• BridgetKavanaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate that I cannot select the group of emails that I view to delete. If you click the check mark it check's ALL emails. Terrible

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base