OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Add to favorites star should be removed

Accidentally press the "add to favorites" star instead of opening the folder. get rid of it please

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GTspoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The amount of times I've accidentally clicked the star instead of opening the mailbox.... terrible UX decision.

• Brittany Thyssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I accidentally hit the favourite star all the time and it is annoying. Please remove the star option and move it to a different location that is not going to accidently get hit when i click to open a folder,
    I suggest to make it a drop down option or move it to the settings

• Veronica Hanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the stars to add to favourites are a damned nuisance. I keep clicking on the stars by mistake when I want to view my emails in the folder.

• ryan.lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Microsoft remove the star on the Favorite folder? Because if I accidentally click the Inbox Star on Favourites, I have to reset the Inbox Star on Folders, and keep clicking it moving up the list.

• Mary Semplicio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's too easy to mark something as a favourite when you just want to go into the folder. I keep having to undo marking as a favourite.

• ANGELA ADAMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the silly star on the inbox. I want to see the number of messages without moving the cursor.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base