OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Can't attach files - STILL!

Outlook.com has become a failure. It would seem that 90% of the time I'm unable to send an email with an attachment as I get to notifications to say either "The following files couldn't be attached" or "this message can't be saved at the moment". If this is a lame attempt to have me use the cloud or go 'pro' it has failed. I will now go to Gmail. MS - you're becoming a legacy and not current and vital!!

196 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Doug Abbott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am supposed to be able to attach folders from OneDrive to my Outlook Mail. I use to be too, but I can't anymore,

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a waste of time to write and attach a message, specialy in a hurry move and suddenly I get that not ..... the following files could´n be attached.
    baaahhh. not a fair move ffom outlook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hotmail useless cannot attach files to emails and its clearing off or blocking received attachments. Thinking of closing email account. Very POOR programming.

Works on IOS devices but knobbled on Win 10. Microsoft?

• Armen Evrensel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the red text warning comes up EVERY OTHER EMAIL saying can't be attached right now, can't send right now... outlook is officially totally broken.

• matt0926 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The File is Too Large to Send as an Attachment? Total BS. Same file as I've been sending for YEARS? Today, no? Use The Cloud? !@#$ no. You lost me.

• matt0926 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't attach files. Again. Send files to THE CLOUD?!?! I think not. Outlook is a waste of time. NEXT!! Gmail....? It's lookin' that way.

Hi Outlook, nearly every time I attach files to an email it says Outlook can't do this right now try again later. Please fix it.

• reed.roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how in the **** do I find and attach my word documents to a file? This layout totally sucks!!

• David Barron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to attach Google Drive files this morning. What changed? It worked before and now is blocked.

I have had this same problem on multiple occasions. Just now, too. I tried the one persons suggestion to go to the cloud and then select the computer option but it still doesn't work. I have to use Yahoo or Gmail to send the attachments (usually PDF).

• Squeegee Boy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unable to attach to email..

this is really lame, and no on is responding to my requests for support help :(

hey I just figured it out!!! Even though the option to open my computer files is there, you have to select the option of browse cloud options which will open up and then inside there i found my computer to attach files on my computer...if that's how we are do it from now on, then get rid of both options and rename it if it going to go to all in one location...at least i finally found the loop hole...

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base