OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Can't attach files - STILL!

Outlook.com has become a failure. It would seem that 90% of the time I'm unable to send an email with an attachment as I get to notifications to say either "The following files couldn't be attached" or "this message can't be saved at the moment". If this is a lame attempt to have me use the cloud or go 'pro' it has failed. I will now go to Gmail. MS - you're becoming a legacy and not current and vital!!

280 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • msaozir@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this problem?? I am now also having this problem of not being able to send attachments.
    Any idea how long this will take?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OUTLOOK IS GOING DOWN WITH THEIR LACK OF TECH HELP. IT'S NO LONGER MICROSOFTS IMPORTANCE TO FIX YOUR PROBLEMS. NOW THEY WANT YOU TO GO THROUGH DAYS OF TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. I POSTED 2 more comments that they are checking on and won't allow them to be shown. AWAITING MODERATOR

Ditto... I have started getting this error in the past week. can't add attachment, please try again later

Hello, for the last few weeks, I've been having trouble attaching files from Onedrive from my Hotmail account using the Outlook mail app. I keep getting an "oops, something went wrong" "retry" but when I do, the same thing happens. Its' only happening from the outlook mail app and using my Hotmail account. I have other outlook email and Onedrive accounts on my iphone but this is only happening with my Hotmail account which houses most of my Onedrive files. I've tried deleting and uninstalling my mail and Onedrive accounts but it still happens. I contacted Onedrive and they said to contact Outlook. Please help as this is affecting my work. Thank you.

The following files couldn't be attached: Please try again later. ???? seriously....if they are not changing the interface every 6 months this kind of thing happens..Im needing to send invoices....but try again in a few hours / days months / years...Id actually pay for a better service....

Hi Outlook, nearly every time I attach files to an email it says Outlook can't do this right now try again later. Please fix it.

WHERE is the "add a new folder" feature for Hotmail? I went to add a folder for a new topic and it is missing! I requested Customer Service to phone me for assistance. The kid "Chris" was in a busy boiler room (you can hear the noise) and he was calling from India. He did NOT understand my problem and kept asking me for what edition of Outlook I had. When I told him I didn't know and I just wanted to find out what happened to my ability to make a new folder, he hung up on me! NICE GOING MICROSOFT! I've been a loyal buyer and customer of Microsoft since 1990's!

• kirsty fatchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with you on this one. so much space being used for unsolicited marketing and the old someone in the universe thought you would like to see this garbage. can't go to Gmail - have had significant privacy breaches via the overseers, so am locked into this increasingly useless - and frustrating, time-wasting, advertising driven supposed service. No point complaining about the 'service' because there isn't any. Just trying so send an email without attachments is difficult enough. NEED to send attachments and have to allow up to three hours for a single attachment to finally upload so can send. Won't use any cloud based storage - it has been hacked and breached multiple times, and makes anything stored there 'public' property.

• Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHEN I ACCESS OUTLOOK NOTHING WORKS - CAN'T DELETE, MOVE AND NOW NEW EMAILS ARE NOT SHOWING UP. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. PLUS MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT WON'T WORK AT ALL. SO NOW UNABLE TO USE EMAIL. HELP

JPGs should attach and show a picture of the image. Now they're not. IF you no longer want to provide a useful product, just tell people you're discontinuing it. Don't keep taking away functionality until everybody leaves.

• clewys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you made this total rubbish lost laods cant find any thing STOP PLAYING AROUND A GROUP OF IDIOTS

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base