OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Select checkbox

The Master checkbox used to only select what was on my screen, this made it easy for me to clear batches of email quickly. Now, the checkbox selects everything in a folder, even if I've not had a chance to see it. This is not helpful at all.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

yates.marybeth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When checkbox is clicked next to "Inbox" please make an option to only highlight messages viewable on screen, not entire inbox! This is how it used to be before updates. It makes it so much easier to delete messages that i can see and not my whole inbox!! Its either click on every message to highlight or the whole folder which needs more flexibility!

• Ahel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The small, round checkboxes are too easy to miss when clicking. Selecting multiple e-mails by trying to target each circle is tedious and slow and, if one accidentally clicks outside a checkbox, the previous selections are deselected. Having round checkboxes was clearly an aesthetic decision, but at a cost to usability.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BOTH options should be available. additional 10 minutes of coding. Why change to this? This sucks.

• cgolianis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree but the workaround is click on top e-mail on page then scroll down to last e-mail you want to delete while holding SHIFT button on keyboard when selecting and all with be selected on page. Hold CTRL key if you want to deselect any to save from deletion.

• Matt Eldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot select only the emails in the current view anymore - clicking the button next to Inbox selects every message ever saved, and deletes everything!

• rohit munjal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i cant select messages across a page. Have to select individually or the whole folder gets selected. This is too confusing

• cgolianis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Select All" box to left of INBOX is not an improvement. Now it selects every message in a folder instead of the old style what's visible on the page which would cover maybe 20 messages. Sometimes I just want to select today's messages for deletion and deselect the few I want to keep, not everything going back months.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base