OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

40 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

opsahlw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't add items to my safe sender list! What kind of **** is this. If I can only have 4, I might as well not have any. Why do you have a "Add to Safe Senders" prompt if you can't!

• Nicholas Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Safe Sender not working. There is now no "OK" button and Save top right is greyed out. I have added some safe senders but now no way to add to the list.

• Martin Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to what I typed 2 days ago:

The contents of the 'Safe Senders list ' have been restored.
    However, mail addressed to items in that list is still being put into my junk folder.

• Joe Stefanelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can add an email domain to the Safe Senders list, but it is never retained for more than a half-hour or so. Once again, images are blocked in messages from the safe domain. Upon checking the Safe Senders list, the domain I added is gone. The list just keeps getting cleared on its own. Maddening!

• Martin Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have previously reported that emails from people in my Safe Senders list are often sent to the spam folder.

Now, I have just discovered that the entire list has been deleted.

The list of 'safe mailing lists' has also been cleared.

Please speak to us.
    If I start filling those lists, will they work?

• Emran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi .
    In my outlook account I've recieved some intressted emails from differents senders.
    So I added then to "safe sender" to ensure that I'm going to recieve there email in my inbox.
    Unfortunatly, I'm still recieve there emails in my junk folder.
    So I wonder if I can found any explication, help, or any advice.
    regards
    Emran.

• jenni1505 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be easy to add email addresses to safe senders. Now it is impossible. Please go back to the previous system as new senders are going into junk

• vicky_kirsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot ad an additional sender to my list of safe senders.
    Has been happenig for 2 weeks now. Before it hasn't ever been a problem....

• Janet McDermott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, safe senders does not work. When I try to add a contact to the safe senders list, the 'save' button at the top right hand side of the screen is gray and cannot be clicked on.
    Does anyone have a solution?
    This is so frustrating, wish they would stop changing things!

• Andy G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They 'fixed' it in that the functions work, but lost ALL of my safe senders & safe mailing lists - hundreds of items!

I have this issue today. went to add a new email and all the others vanished!!! very bad as I was going in to ensure I got important documents and now i have no safe senders no matter what I do. please fix this asap. A very obvious bug which should not need votes to be fixed it should just be fixed.

• zermillion@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

just recently you changed the safe senders list into 2 lists, one for full email addresses and one for domains. You also alphabetized them. I really liked this change, but I just noticed that the domain list completely erased. I am not too bugged because I regularly clear my list once a year and then slowly repopulate it again to keep my safe list managable, but I think this will make other people unhappy and it is something I don't want happening regularly.

Regards,

Valor

• mitchells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I mentioned before. I have been using the Beta since July and never noticed this issue but it appears that some data migration and UI change took place recently (based on other reporting issues around 11/30/18) that messed up the functionality and data for the Safe Senders and Safe Mailing Lists. It appears that the domain based Safe Sender records are appearing in the Safe Mailing List list and the email Safe Sender records appear in the Safe Senders list. It almost appears as if a developer confused the Safe Mailing List with the Domain based Safe Senders records (which use to be in separate list) as the UI also now enforces only entering domains records into Safe Mailing List (??makes almost no sense??) and forces only entering fully qualified email records into the Safe Senders list.

You will only see this behavior up until the first time you try to adjust any settings for your junk email. If you try to add or edit anything on the new Outlook.com UI it will have unpredictable results (just adding one record to my Safe Mailing List wiped all the records and deleting one record from my Safe Senders wiped out more than half of my records the next time I logged in.

This is not isolated issue as I had my wife and my mother check their accounts and have the same behavior and is not a browser issue as I have tried three different web browsers with the cache wiped in each. I assume that it is happening to most or all accounts but potentially not noticed unless you are using a whitelisting junk mail approach (blocking all except safe senders). I do have most of my safe senders list kept offline in a text file but entering 350+ records one at a time is not something I look forward to, not to mention I will have to expand any Safe Sender domains I utilized out to the actual emails.

I am getting so much junk emails, every seconds and there is no way to edit safe sender list. I am starting to think to leave Hotmail and move to another provider

• Steven Knapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The whole Safe senders UX is screwed up. The way that the data and any changes are being handled are completely broken.

I use my account in exclusive mode, which means only emails from safe senders go to my Inbox. Suddenly, my account is no longer in exclusive mode.

I think they are loading the data in an unchecked way, and then submitting whatever was loaded along with the new/changed data as a PUT operation, rather than a PATCH, which then results in the submitted data completely replacing whatever was stored previously. And since the data is incompletely loaded, it is replacing the saved data, with only a fragment of the data.

This change needs to be rolled back ASAP

Make it possible to roll back safe and block lists when they are gone. Especially when MS made the lists gone empty

Same here. All safe senders disappeared, then moved to the safe mailing list, then disappeared from there, then came back to Safe Senders. I noticed all the domain names were missing from Safe Senders, so started to add them to Safe Mailing Lists, and now Safe Senders is empty again. I'm just about done with hotmail.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base