OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Manage Subscriptions

Manage Subscriptions: Unable to delete many unwanted subscriptions. Some delete easy, some delete after re-routing to webpage (annoying), some won't delete at all (receive error message).

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SCOTTMBRENNAN@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My thread:

My original post:

Does Outlook understand that they are giving spammers the right to "subscribe" themselves to my email????

There is a new category under "Options". It is called "Subscriptions". None of what is in there is anything that I have "subscribed" to. Most of the spam emails that I get appear to be getting through each day to my Inbox, because Outlook has now allowed the spammers to sign you up as subscribing to them. The delete option checkbox listed next to each spammers' name under Subscriptions only takes you to each individual spammers' website to "unsubscribe", which, as we all know, is lethal.

This is absolutely outrageous. What the **** is wrong with Outlook that they would do something like this?

Maybe they really are responsible for all of the spam because they are, basically, selling our email addresses to the spammers??

I urge everyone going through the endless spam into their Inboxs each day to look under Options, and then "Subscription". There you will find all of the spammers who have listed themselves as something you have "subscribed to". Don't even attempt to delete any of them, as you are only confirming your email address. Sweep and block doesn't work, because Microsoft has it that you have subscribed to these sites.

How incompetent can be Microsoft be??? Take "Subscriptions" out of the Options now!!!!!

Microsoft's pathetic answer:

outlook.com puts messages to this folder if message has some attributes of subscription. So there may be spam e-mails and spam subscription. When one press Unsubscribe link the Outlook just send unsubscribing request to sender. Sure spammers will ignore such requests, they even be glad to get confirmation this address is real and someone read e-mails.

So sorry, there is no way to unsubscribe from spam subscriptions. One may change e-mail address or put this sender to Junk mail sender list.

Outlook just analyze spam you've already got. And yes, unfortunately there is no way to unsubscribe from spam. Each your attempt to unsubscribe from spam will increase a number a spam mails because spammers will resell your address to each other as confirmed.

My response:

Are you kidding? This is your pathetic answer??

This is outrageous. I don't want Subscriptions as an "Option".

So, Microsoft now "subscribes" us to thousands of junk emails that we cannot unsubscribe from????

I hope others join me in this outrage.

And, you cannot "put these spammers to the junk email list" because the fact that they are listed as being subscribed to by me overrides this option to have them blocked as junk.

How dare Microsoft give these spammers the "right" to "subscribe" me to their ****? What is Microsoft getting out of this? That's the question. Basically, providing our email addresses to spammers. Receiving compensation for this?? Is that what they're doing..........

IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE OUTRAGED ABOUT THIS?

It is my right to subscribe to what I choose and to control the "subscribing".

• Nicole Kinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The worst problem is that you don't sign up for half of these. I have been checking it daily and new ones are added overnight to this list. I haven't visited any of the web pages or anything. This really sucks that there isn't a solution to this problem. Why have a list if it's useless?

I have the same issues as these other two commenters:
    Anonymous commented · January 23, 2019 14:42 · Flag as inappropriate
    I have the same concerns/issues as noted by ScottMBrennon. in particular the sites that won't let me unsubscribe. In particular, there are several that will say some version of a $50 credit to Walmart. When I hit "unsubscribe" it won't let me, or takes me to a site that my Norton blocks a virus from. I am seemingly stuck with these. The other main issue that I have is when I unsubscribe, it maintains a list of "unsubscribed" sites....I don't want to see this. When I unsubscribe, I want it to go away....permanently.

I have the same concerns/issues as noted by ScottMBrennon. in particular the sites that won't let me unsubscribe. In particular, there are several that will say some version of a $50 credit to Walmart. When I hit "unsubscribe" it won't let me, or takes me to a site that my Norton blocks a virus from. I am seemingly stuck with these. The other main issue that I have is when I unsubscribe, it maintains a list of "unsubscribed" sites....I don't want to see this. When I unsubscribe, I want it to go away....permanently.

thanks

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base