OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Search does not work correctly

I did a search on "John", looking for an email I sent to . I was on the Inbox when I initiated the search, and the search filter was set to "All folders". Search found his name and email address, but found no email, which makes little sense since he is not in my People. I clicked on the Sent folder and did the same search on "John", and it found the name/address as well as the email.

What testing are you doing on features that something this obvious isn't found?

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • araymer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way to search for emails anymore- how do you do this? Not an improvement

• disy2@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not get the proper results when searching in the browser version....if I go to the actual program Outlook, it does find them

• Carole Kreusch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RESEARCH : inefficient/ Recherche inefficace

It is impossible to use 'search (recherche)' as we could do it in our ex-version. The 'search' does not work well at all : bug ('impossible for the moment' or only a part of the emails appeared+ it is almost necessary to have the email address of the person who sent the mails). It is a real mess for what we can do with 'search'. I cannot see all my emails with 'search' and I have triedseveral methods. I use 'search' very often but I cannot find most of the concerned emails. I am going to send you another mail on the subject as I do not have an answer to my 2nd mail on the subject after having received an email from customer support telling me they will close the ticket if I didn't have other problem (french speaking support).

Impossible d'utiliser la fonction 'recherche' de façon efficace comme nous pouvions le faire dans la version précédente. Cela ne sort qu'une partie des mails (et pas la majorité) : très souvent ou bug (impossible pour le moment) et il est presque obligatoire d'avoir l'adresse de la personne impliquée (quand il y en a plusieurs ? + je ne m'en souviens pas forcément). La recherche est devenue tout à fait une catastrophe. C'est très important poir moi et d'autres. Une messagerie de ce type doit rester professionnelle. Je renvoie mon mail à ce sujet au customer support francophone qui n'a pas répondu à mon second mail à ce sujet.

• Doris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email searches don't work. Either the search box doesn't display, freezes, aborts right away, or provides a message "Something went wrong."
    No recovery.

• mathiasrooch@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search engine doesn't work correctly. Can't find words looking for listed completely. Desaster!!! It is not possible to go directly to a date to check it, only calender option!

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base