OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,761 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2654 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • outlook_FAE79759397C3DC0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wtf were you thinking? this new outlook is so user UNFRIENDLY, it is TERRIBLE. give me back the old outlook? have you ever heard the phrase, if it aint broke dont ******* fix it...

• Lovisa Vikenadler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook look is so un-user friendly! The folder hierarchy looks lumped together in on the laptop, and the adds and "Favorites" category takes up way too much room in the left hand menu. Everything is jumbled up together, the rules function doesn't work properly, and I hate that the app takes it upon itself to decide which emails in my inbox are priorities and which are "other". Messy!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email runs super slow, since the change. To the point of being nearly unusable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why all these unnessary changes? Too much work. Last Office purchase for me.No improvement at all. Getting sick and tired of all those tiles und extra handling I need to do. When I want to reply to an email then I have to make a choise between reply, forward etc. Ridiculous!

• ldhuf1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate your new email now it is showing attachments and I can't get them to hide
    Hotmail sucks now and I am changing emails thank you for screwing up my whole job I work from home and I pay for my email account and you have screwed it royally without my permission if you're going to keep messing things up for everybody you should at least give them the choice you guys suck at Hotmail!!!

New Outlook is so bad I can't continue.
    I will have to prioritize leaving Outlook.
    Shame on you for ruining it.

• CP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate it too. I've had Outlook or msn.com mail for well over 20 years. About one month ago I lost two of my folders and can't get them back. I had some important saved emails in the folders. This never happened with the previous version.

• MNYC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook is terrible. My efficiency has declined and that is bad for business. Please allow users the option to revert to the old version.

• Céline Meyet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no change despite a lot of commentaries on the bad layout! why ask for them if it doesn't change anything?

• laetitiaredon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the Classic BACK ASAP !! You have pushed the beta version and I lost ALL MY INFO IN THE CALENDAR, NOW EMPTY! I CANNOT WORK ANYMOREE

• tljohn26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a general feedback. This new format sucks please go back to the way it was!!!

• Veni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

According to the Nov 20th 2018 reply, they're saying they don't care how we feel about the subject.
    I've given up on Outlook/Hotmail. I'm going to another source.
    At least they won't censor me needlessly and my emails won't take 2+ days to be received or delivered.. It also won't be disregarded when there's a popular opinion. I've replied with my problems on numerous uservoice forums that are begging for the classic view back because it didn't lag, composing was actually possible, and you had little to no delay in receiving emails. Now it takes 5+ minutes to empty your spam folder too. Thanks, Outlook, for making us customers feel appreciated.

What happened. I just logged into outlook today and there are squares all over the place with no descriptions. I can't do anything

• hanausibylle@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wenn ich auf eine Mail antworten will, erscheint der Sende-Button nicht, sondern immer nur "antworten" - und ich schreibe nur Entwürfe!
    Hab keine Zeit, mich durch all die idiotischen Foren zu klicken, also bitte....!!!!!!

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base