OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,761 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2654 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Abbey Haste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are extremely frustrated with this change. It is not at all the same. Please give us the option to choose. Beta was a terrible idea!

• MARCIA HUTTON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

never seen such a mess as this new outlook, it crashes, bleeps in and out, hard to open items, locks up, have to go to another site to print !!!! Just an all around not good upgrade!!!!

• nadia_stefan@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DO NOT WANT TO USE MY MAIL BECAUSE OF THE NEW LOOK WHICH IS VERY BAD !
    I CANNOT USE IT ANYMORE. IT IS SO COMPLICATED ! THE OLD ONE WAS PERFECT !!!! I WANT IT BACK !!!!

• rmdv7@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beta version sucks. wheres the go back to previous version. if you all worked for me, I would fire all of you who created this mess for people who use this email for work. do you expect everyone to have the new equipment you are creation the beta version on? if so, you are stupid and incompetent. Myself and no doubt thousands of others will just opt out of this disaster you created rether than buy another computer. Now do the right thing and Create a switch to go back to classic version.

• Nicole Kinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this change. Even worse, it keeps changing, then going back. Settings are never consistent, even deleted all safe senders and moved blocked senders to safe. Rules work when they want. Support never responds. This is a waste of an email service and I am very disappointed as I can no longer keep waiting for it to get better!!!! What happened to Microsoft being the best?

• .. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wasn't Broken, why change? Especially to awful version?? The classic view was totally fine! please give us the option to go back. Thanks!

• jrichardsrn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely do NOT like this new email format it is awful. NOT user friendly.
    How do I convert back to the original format.
    Thanks

• Pat Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to return to the Classic set up. I do not like the beta one nor having my email program changed arbitrarily.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALL the Hotmail changes suck, it's impossible to find anything, find help, and now the 'pin email' function looks like everything else, so it's now WORTHLESS. CHANGE THIS BACK YOU FREAKS!

• lorenzo silvestri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the latest year it got worse and worse. It's
    counterintuitive and messy. and it's incredibile hard to understand conversation on mail's replies or forwarding.
    It's pretty much the opposite of your desktop outlook program, which I think works great.
    I think users started love outlook web because it was better than gmail, and that was before it became the bad copy of gmail.

Hope the feedback will help :)
    A long time user

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lost some mail items I left in Inbox for future reference. I want them back. if this is not done I may have to switch to some other browser which is more sensitive to user needs.

• JAMES MURRAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook is disgusting. Put it back the way it was!!! Dislike the entire new Outlook!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate this new format. Please bring back the old format and quit trying to make it 'better'. It is not.

• dave g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Page dealing with junk mail is slowed/stopped due to a "script" loading problem coincidentally (?) with your changing of the junk mail page. Your message says that MY ad-blocker is at fault. I have made no changes and everything else is working as before.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base