OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,761 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2654 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ahmet Can commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont like the desing.You tried to simple desing but it looks like google's design.ı hate the profile picture in mail sites.You should not use profile picture pleaseee :')

• Doverspike2@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go back to the old Windows Live format. It was well organized and pleasing to the eye and you could arrange columns. Outlook beta looks the same as Windows 10 mail. Regular Outlook used to be fast, but now it is slow and hangs ever since the "Upgrade" banner was posted in the lower left corner. It's as if it was programmed that way to entice people to upgrade.

• Novi Effendi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's nothing wrong stay classic. I dont want my email looking like Facebook. Please do not change the look. But,,you can add more space to compete GMail. Bigger attachment capacity maybe? Anyway,,I will stick with hotmail no matter what because I have this email address since 2000

• Diogo Banha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the Outlook.com beta, when I click on a menssage I can't see all the content, I prefer the look it has now, it is more simple and I can see all the content of the e-mail easly.

• Len Ridgway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont like the way it bunches up all the emails in a group, much prefer the older style

1 2 129 130 131 133 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base