OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,760 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2650 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rensys99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Latest version of Outlook.com does not display in Chrome v49 (latest version for Windows XP!)

This just stated happening 5.17.19... prior to that it worked fine. We need a way to revert to the last 'working' version of Outlook or the classic version for Windows XP.

• DT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. I ACCIDENTALLY his the button for your "improved" version and I hate it. I can't find anything, the few settings that are left to us dumb MS users (after all, MS knows what's good for us even if we don't) are so basic it's laughable... TELL US HOW TO ROLL BACK TO CLASSIC AND GET US OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE. I hate Microsoft more every day. The expense to switch everything over to Apple is somethong I am seriously considering. The cost would be recouped in no time when I consider the loss of productivity caused by Ms constantly screwing around with an already 8nferior product. STOP!

• solvs@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this marked as "Completed"? You just killed the only way to trigger the old look without fixing the new one. It still has the same problems I complained about back in Nov, that everyone is STILL complaining about. How do you not see SO many users (basically all of us) unhappy and still think you should move forward?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried in vain to find a thread supporting the 'new' Outlook. We're told the changes were made in response to user comments, but they seem to be non-existent. If, as you claim, there was sufficient momentum from users to push Microsoft into expending time ad resources on this new version, then all you have to do to keep us malcontents quiet is to show us we're in a minority

it took me 10 minutes just to find today's e-mails! Is this software tested or are we the people the guinea pigs????

• Dr. Guglielmo Calvini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After applying all the suggested corrections, the items in the new view are still too big for small screens and still in light colours that make items more difficult to discriminate. Better accessibility is given by more visual contrast, not by bigger items. Please re-instate Classic View or similar.

• Stirling Whistler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how your November 20, 2018 response completely misses the point. We are asking for the "Classic" or Light Version to come back. Take this Beta version and remove IT instead. If you are unfamiliar you can web search "Outlook.com Light Version" or go to: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-web-app-light-2aec8c2d-da48-4707-ba37-c800e1c284cd

That is what the people want. Why fight it?

• movaku@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't we have the classic back? The classic calendar looks so much better and easy spot calendar entries. Also, some of the entries I had in Classic version has been lost ( not transferred across to Beta version )

Just where the **** are my emails from last month even? Im missing very important information!!!!

I cannot print a full days calendar with notes.
    This is very frustrating - why have a notes option if it will not print.
    I want the classic version back.
    Thank you!

• Joao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problems with this new Beta version:
    - The screen keeps flashing, making e-mails appearing and disappearing all the time.
    - Scroll bar impossible to move correctly and it's slow, blocks every 5 seconds, etc.
    - Older e-mails almost impossible to get. You can get them maybe spending 2 or more days trying to get them and even so ...
    - All is very slow
    - Support keeps telling people who are complaining that they are unfriendly to changes not admiting even for one second that the change they made people do is full of problems that they can't fix.
    - Even with the amount of complains the "uservoice" has on this issue (people wanting the classic version back) they don't admit that the new version is wrong. For them these people are all wrong. I wonder why is this the topic with the higest number of reviews ??????????
    - Even with smartphones this beta version sucks but ok it works better on mobile devices but on PCs it doesn't WORK, it doesn't WORK, it doesn't WORK, it DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• David Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleasehelp me to revert back to previous version of hotmail. I am a XP user and your current version o fhotrmail is awful - mouse issues!!!!!!!!!! Let me revert back to previous hotmail version so I can read my emails easily. Thanks, Dvaid

• Naidelyn Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Classic Version should still be available a majority from what i have seen really dislike beta view and having the option to change it back to classic view is so much more convenient. We should not have to turn everything off just to make it look like the original classic version when we didn't even want the new beta version at all.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base