OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Don't show the Splash screen each time

If you're trying to chase me away from using Outlook, you're on the right track. Do I have to click to remove the popup announcement about the "improved" Outlook every single time I sign in? Do all the swell new features you crow about cause the extreme slowness of the system? Do you think people might not want your brilliant innovations forced on them, they're happy with things as they were?

57 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all – I just wanted to provide a quick update. We were able to get a patch pushed out which disabled the spalsh screen that some of you were seeing on each login.

You should not be seeing the issue any more. However, I do want to let you know that it is highly likely that you will see it one more time in the coming days. As the fix to the bug roles out it will trigger the screen just one more time.

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry for the annoyance it caused!

Thanks

David Los

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notification message about new layout appears every time I enter my inbox. There is no option to acknowledge the message and have it go away for good.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I open account it shows pop-up message about new features "ready for prime time". I have clicked "GOT IT" almost 10 times now and yet it still shows up. ANNOYING!

Will I have to read that ********* splash screen every time I open Outlook or is there a way to turn that annoying thing off?

• damon_h commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop telling me that Outlook has changed! I've clicked through the intro pages and clicked "Got it" 10 times... I got it!

• Sabre Dies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL YOU TURN OF THE POP THAT TELLS US YOUVE CHANGED OUTLOOK I GOT THE FIRST TIME AFTER THE HUNDRETH ITS STARTING TO REALLY **** ME OFF

• Carol Klopfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pop-up that appears every time I open my email is annoying (pop up that tells me there is a new version and forces going thru several steps before hitting "got it" re-appears every time.)

I don't need to be informed of the update every time I open my mailbox. Once is fine.

• gte145i commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

auto pop-up advertising the new outlook layout happens EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. make it go away please!!

• Irene van Seggelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'first day wizard' keeps popping up every time I open my mail. Clicked 'got it' and/or the upper right cross multiple times, but next time it's back again.

• Ron Greenwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When, oh when will the constant reminder, every time I log in, that you have imposed this 'improved' system on us stop?

• ansegall2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every single time we sign in to our Hotmail account it shows the message about new features "ready for prime time". Well, that's really stinkin' annoying! We've gone through and clicked "GOT IT" and yet it still shows up. Every. Time. Talk about frustrating

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I have to be notified about the new update everytime I open the page? One click on "Got it" should be enough to stop that annoying pop up.

Cant get rid of the whats new pop up every time I log into outlook on chrome browser. It happens when I refresh also. Keep pressing "got it" and the "x" button it keeps reappearing. Please fix.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base