OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

endless4byss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Wrigley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Verify to emergency email

I'm having a problem verifying my device as I have no SIM / mobile number, using WIFI only. When trying to access emails via browser I'm unable to proceed beyond the verify page without a mobile number which I don't have. Would it be possible to have the choice to verify by email PIN, which was available for my Microsoft account after setting up an emergency email account ?

• ynimama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just create a new account, but it doesn't allow me to send email. Is it true that if I don't give my phone no., I can't send email?

• R.Jim.Smart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I go through the account verification process when I only have a land line that cannot give me a code working here ? We have NO mobile coverage.

• RichCash777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have a cell phone to receive a verification code Hotmail is asking me for, and they do not provide me an ALTERNATE method (such as email). Now, I can no longer SEND emails from my account until I verify, which I can't! Very annoying!

• crisprex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you don't have a cell phone you can't have email? you don't want poor people using email?

• lizette.w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged into my account on my computer and am trying to forward an email and it wants to verify that I am who I am by sending a code to my phone. Well, there's a problem with that....I don't have cell phone service where I live so it's impossible for me to get that code on my phone. You can't do this to people that don't have cell phones....how about having a different option to verify!!

• ffffd6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://account.live.com/reputationcheck page is asking for a mobile phone number, there is no part for entering email address.

As I wrote before, I do not have a mobile phone. I have added another email address for security. I want to use hotmail on PC and when I want to send an email, Outlook asks me to verift by a phone number. I do not use phone. So how can I send an email? Evet I could not reply Outlook.com Support emails.

As I wrote before, I do not have a mobile phone. I have added another email address for security. I want to use hotmail on PC and when I want to send an email, Outlook asks me to verift by a phone number. I do not use phone. So how can I send an email? Evet I could not reply Outlook.com Support emails.

I do not have a mobile phone. I want to use Hotmail on PC. So I can not enter any mobile phone number, because I don't have one.

• wendell morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

send me an e-mail that DIRECTLY ADRESSES THE ISSUE THAT I DO NOT OWN a cell phone so how do I get a code??????????????

• outlook_1434840583510F4A@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not use Outlook acco9unt due to I do not do cell phones for anything. Must verify another way and that option is not available. I am not a happy camper that this stuff is on my computer and I cannot use it!!

• arac94936 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created an Outlook email to list on a job application. I gave Outlook an alternate email for security purposes. ( I don't use mobile phones.) When I tried to send a cover letter by email, Outlook erased the cover letter. I did not push the delete key. When I typed up another cover letter/email, Outlook refused to send it without a phone number where it could send a code. OUTLOOK IS ****!

• empDIR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, for making your service entirely useless when you force to add number. I don't use a ******* phone for ***** sake.

• FaithDefender21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you require me to verify my Outlook email account right after I registered? Obviously since I just registered the account is verified. And why do you only allow texts for verification? Suppose we don't use a cellphone! You need to SIMPLIFY. I don't use a mobile device, so how am I supposed to verify my account???

• brandonleeleriche@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why an I unable to "edit" my profile information if I don't have my phone on me. Cannot change my password or update my birthdate or anything without my phone. Why?

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base