OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

This new version is garbage, confusing, with avatars that I do not want to see, few emails per page and visually horrible. They should ask the user if they like the new version or allow the previous one to be used. I'm going to close the account after many years. It's just Horrible !!!

1,456 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhlopez58@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have complaints. Can't describe exactly what is going on now with where"reply" and 'delete" are, but they jump around. Someone else made a similar complaint. Why aren't we asked if we want a change?
    Now, my complaint is that the little scroll arrows disappeared and I now have a scroll BAR, which I HATE. How can I get the arrows back? Why did this change. I also do not like that fewer emails are visible. Someone else had this complaint. I agree.

I have been trying to arrange my inbox to list my messages from oldest to newest PERMANENTLY but I can't find the right setting.
    And, again, which USERS did you contact for ideas because I CERTAINLY WAS NOT ONE THAT WAS ASKED ABOUT THE CHANGES!

Agreed its garbage .MSN don't want to supply the service so they have messed up the system hoping we will go away .

Clever people they have achieved their objective .Best move before they make it a bigger mess than it is now .Most of us liked the old version better but for sure they will not let us have it back.

• Rhonda Caywood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am curious to know WHY changing Conversation view to OFF, WHY changing reading pane to HIDE, and changing ATTACHMENT preview to OFF will correct the problems associated with lengthy emails. AND, how will all of this help the screen from jumping around, and how will this help clicking on an icon or hyperlink and coming up with a completely WHITE PAGE, nothing on the page whatsoever. Microsoft ADMIN, it would be helpful to EXPLAIN how changing these settings will correct these issues. I certainly don't trust anything you say, just because you say it. I think you honestly believe that I (we) am going to make these changes out of complete trust in you. That isn't going to happen. I, too, like many others am looking for another email service. But, as many others have stated, when one uses the same email for years, it is difficult to change. SO WHY DON'T YOU, OUTLOOK ADMIN, make your email program USER FRIENDLY rather than making changes and ignoring consumers concerns with ridiculous suggestions of changing settings without any explanation as to WHY! If I have to change settings to have a stable internet mail provider, then you, OUTLOOK ADMIN, are doing something WRONG.

Wow!

"All of your personal information, including email address, name, and IP address will be deleted from this site. Any feedback you have provided that others have supported will be attributed to "Anonymous". All of your ideas without support will be deleted."

Gee whiz! So we basically have no choice. This is absurd and wilL only drive people away from Outlook/Hotmail/whatever the f**k you want to call it. It's broke and instead of fixing it you are telling us we need to either JOIN IT or BE DELETED?

Who gave you the idea of take us or leave us - Trump?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I cannot think of one single feature that has been improved. The "new" site is virtually unusable. If I weren't associated with this address for almost 20 years and didn't have it on all my business cards, and listed with my banks, online retailers, etc. I would change it in a New York minute. PLEASE OFFER AN OPTION TO GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION WITH JUST ONE CLICK!!!

• bigguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beyond STUPID and horrible ,you people at outlook are not user friendly ,who ever the moron is who redid it should be FIRED NOW,..why dont you listen to the people and go back ,,,WANNA KNOW WHY YOU DONT LISTEN ,,,,BECAUSE YOU DO NOT CARE

• lrbohl@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new messages won't come up so I can write a new message to someone. it freezes and goes blank, you really need to fix all these problems so it will work right once again

This is really frustrating. It keeps freezing can't do anything. reading an email and suddenly the page stats reloading out of the blue. HATE THIS VERSION! PLEASE BRING BAG THE OLD VERSION. THIS IS NOT WORKING. I've opened an account with Gmail and Yahoo I have no problems with those accounts.
    With is going on with the beta I'm better switching to gmail and yahoo.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All these comments and no replies from the service provider!!!
    Things have improved SLIGHTLY in the 3 weeks or so since I posted my comment on 4th Dec (attachments do seem to load now, if slowly) but the new setup is still painfully slow and not particularly user-friendly.

• Andrea Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the adverts that cause the problem. I get messages that outlook is not responding due to long running scripts. Those scripts are the ads. Take the ads away - by using the old version - and the problem is resolved. It's a no brainer. Why do they stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it ?

• Gene Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related: composing a fairly lengthy email is usually somewhat an exercise in torture. Is not exactly a 'freeze" but close to it. Everything gradually works stubbornly. And I need to find tricks and repetitive drafting and re-drafting.... Takes too much time.

When I unsubscribe from something, I want the choice to delete everything from that company like it was before. Can you make it easy to find? It should be a choice maybe from the 'delete' selection.

SO Slow keeps freezing can't do anything. Bring back the old version
    page keeps freezing and refreshing out of the blue when I'm composing mail. I've lost me mail.........
    So Bad.....

Soooo slow! Keeps telling me my request (to open folder) can't be met at the moment!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base