OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Undo Button

Change the Undo button to its original functionality as well as positioning. Previously the Undo button was on the right hand side of Web Outlook, ever since the update it move it to the left hand side. On top of changing location the button doesn't have the same functionality... previously when viewing an e-mail and deleting one, the undo button was featured on the right hand side as well.

203 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paula Wieber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My undo button is greyed out for the first time ever in Outlook live and doesn't even work anymore. WHy? Why? Why?

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we delete an Email the Outlook pops up with an undelete box. It is usually covering part of the next message. If anything, it should be at the Bottom or place an Undelete Button on the toolbar. Also, when we click on a Link in an Email, the system defaults to: "Open In A New Window" .. Most people use Tabbed browsing now and I for one would prefer to open links in a New Tab, not a new window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for allowing "undo" with stopping an email from leaving the outbox BUT please put iback the chrono-countdown linegraph that shows the seconds remaining before you're out of time to "undo." The visual is extremely helpful for seeing how much time you have left before you have to "undo."

• azvinnie@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The popup undo button is getting more annoying by the day. Can't do anything without a distracting popup at the bottom of the screen.

• Ceci p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On manage subsriptions Cannot delete UNSUBSRIBE. Shows error. Says to try later. I have being trying to communicate with a technicians, not helping.

The undo button used to be present when actually reading an open email, so if you deleted the email while reading it, you could hit the undo button and it would come back to your inbox. Now it appears to be gone, so if I accidentally delete an email or realize I'd rather keep it, i have to go fishing through my trash folder to find it and restore it. Huge waste of time and energy when the previous method of having the undo button in the email reading screen worked just fine.

• labyfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the update the Undo button is unavailable to undo accidentally deleting an email and instantly putting it back into your inbox without having to go into the deleted items and restoring it to inbox. And I seem to be deleting things by mistake a lot now since the position of the buttons all got moved around with the update. Otherwise I don't know what the undo button is even for since it doesn't seem to do anything else.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHERE ON EARTH IS THE UNDO BUTTON?? Why are you making my life difficult? like it isn't hard enough to adult already! you go changing key functions...! whoever suggested this should be sacked... you're a bad person....

• kabkritters@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the message view since I don't like the reading pane. The undo button used to be on the message view but with the recent changes, it was removed from this view. I will sometimes slip as I am deleting emails and delete the following email before I was ready. I liked the undo button since it was easy to retrieve the message that was accidentally deleted. Currently, I have to go through all of my deleted messages to find the one that I am looking for and I often don't remember who it was from. I would appreciate it if you could return the undo button to the message view for those of us that dislike the reading pane. Thanks.

• Jennifer McCorkle Sowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate this new layout. I go to delete multiple messages individually and if you don't click exactly inside the circle beside the message it opens the message. I also hate that you don't have an arrow to undo delete if you accidentally delete something. How do I change back to the old layout?

• mwktfhunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

been using hotmail for years and these constant changes are starting to drive me nuts! where the .... is the undo button????? anybody know???

Yup, another disappointing feature of your recent "upgrade". How did you get it so wrong? No one wants/needs this. Did you just require busy-work to keep you jobs?

• pawel jazgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello dear Outlook ;) put back the 'undo' button, or I'm changing for g.mail. With kind regards Paweł

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base