OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

The new look of Outlook is childish and garish. Hate the ident things, hate 'today' and 'yesterday' - I am an intelligent adult and can tell when things were sent. I'd change my email if it wasn't such a pain to do. THIS IS DISGUSTING. I am so angry.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

helensnewshoes@hotmail.co.uk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lou Schonder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the new Fisher-Price layout. Why can't you retain the option for the last interface which was professional looking? And the taller rows use up more screen real estate.

• horstkathleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This format is VERY unprofessional. It looks like it is set up for school kids. Colored circles?? I would suggest offering a professional version and a "kids" version. Otherwise I am changing my account to gmail or yahoo.

• ken8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the children that have just graduated from university design this garbage ? Holy smokes, change for the sake of change is not always the best idea. Hotmail just gets worse and worse as time goes by.

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DOD NOT ASK FOR THIS CHANGE, it is all confusing. I want the old layout back. Otherwise I have to change from outlook to some other platform.
    Why are you forcing me to use this kindergarden layouts???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now email for children, go back to the old system it is easer to use and looks more professional.

• Walsch1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I switch back to the old format? I absolutely HATE the new one with all the stupid colors and such. Looks hokey and childish.

I hate the new look. It's too busy. I like the old simple look. It was more professional and easier to navigate. I can't get anything done and am missing important emails because of the new look. Please change it back or at least let people decide weather they want the new change or not.

• Ausra . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You keep putting e-mails in the junk. Was bad enough, but no to send inbox have to click twice

I agree. Time for GMail. You can send all the excuses to try and make us think this was a good idea. Guess you should have listened to consumers BEFORE you made the change NOT AFTER. I have not seen one post from someone who loves this new layout!

New inbox format looks like something for an elementary school child. The lines and wide spaces remind me of a handwriting exercise book.

This is a joke!! the old one is a professional way, this new look , looks like a circus!!!

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base