OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

I do NOT like the "new look" you have forced us to use for Outlook. It's supposed to be email, not a messaging app. I much prefer the Classic version.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the users decide what filters they have and how they want to sort all the e-mails.

• devontabris@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way I can get the old version back? Because the new one was forced on me and I don't like it. They just keep adding more unnecessary stuff and changing things that don't need to be changed. It is more difficult to block the addresses of mails in the Junk folder, for example. "Upgrade"? Looks more like a downgrade to me. I wasn't even asked if I wanted to upgrade. I mean, let the people who want the new version get the new version, but don't force it on people who don't want it.

• DameonKuroshiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this new version forced on my account? Why don't you people ever ask if I even want an upgrade? Because I was fine with the version I had and I'm not overly fond of the 'improvements'.

• stacylvnv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DO NOT LIKE THE NEW LAYOUT OF OUTLOOK! There should be a choice if you want to keep it the old way or the new way, NOT BE FORCED to use the new one!

literally everything about this new beta is utterly stupid no one asked for this no one wants this but I sure as **** dont want it certainly not gettign anything out of this other then frustration cant see any of the emails i stored had this email for decades so you want me to scroll down for 20 years worth of emails just to get to some ive saved here FAIL is a word that fails to decribe the cluster pluck that is the new outlook

IF GMAIL GOES AHEAD AND FORCES ME TO USE UPDATED GMAIL RATHER THAN CLASSIC GMAIL, I WILL BE USING OUTLOOK EXCLUSIVELY.

• aileen_cormican@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not ask for the new outlook eiterh - there needs to be an option havin gyour hotmail account. I dislike the user interface and appearance of this new outlook. Also dislike it was 'forced' on me and can't change out of it.

Do not like Beta Mail for Outlook Mail. layout might be good for Ipads etc, but not my PC. Can I go back to Outlook Mail?

• Khalida26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you force users to get the new look of hotmail?
    How can I get the go back to the old version of it?

• joden7@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the old one back. I don't care what your feedback says let me decide if I want the new one and don't force me to use something I don't want...Sick and tired of change just for the sake of change

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base