OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

default calendar

Need an option to set default calendar for new events. I have a shared calendar which I'd like to set as default, but everytime I create a new event it starts within the Personal Calendar. Some version ago it was possible (like, the last calendar selected for the last event would have been the default calendar for new events)

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for creating events in a default calendar and enabling events to be moved between calendars in the Outlook.com beta is now complete. If you refresh, you should be able to see the experience.

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Damiano Neufeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option to specify a different calender for events from emails so they're not always added to the default calendar

• Donal Conlon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice to be able to set the default calendar for new events. Right now it defaults to your personal calendar. i'd like it to default to another calendar, i.e. Family Calendar.

• Alexander Lindberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not see any option to enable a calendar as a default. I suspect that if there were, then you could only choose one of your personal calendars, not Team calendars. I want to make a team calendar the my default one!

The same goes for moving calendar events, you cannot move events to, from or between Team calendars.

Please understand that people and organizations can use calendars for very different purposes, not only meetings.

• Yoda 7th commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a new event, Beta doesn't have option to choose which calendar I want to save to. Can only save to Default Calendar. Have to switch to Classic.

• Christopher Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you create an event, it defaults to "My calendar", whereas I would normally like the event to be created in, say, my "Academic" calendar, or my "Family" calendar.

An option really is needed to sort this out.

• Greg Smyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving events between calendars is indeed now here (hooray!), however I do not see any way to specify a default calendar for new events. In my case, all events get created in the "My Calendar" unless I specify a different one each time. I would like to be able to change this default to a different calendar!

• Pauline Kager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the new app the outlook calendar is my default. I never used this one. I use my apple calender. If I accept appointments now it is in my outlook. How can I delete the Outlook and set back my iphone calender as default again? Thanks!

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base