OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I would like to be able to see more messages at a glance in my inbox

Each upgrade of Outlook seems to have the side effect (I assume it's a side effect and not intentional because that would appear to be stupid) of reducing the number of emails I can see at a glance in my inbox. This greatly reduces its functionality for me. Why have so much unused space?
Like many people on this site, I also object to being forced to accept this change (and all the regular changes, it seems, for change's sake) without being asked or given an alternative.

30 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - I have had this email address since 1999, so I don't want to change it, but I am considering making a rule to forward all incoming emails to another account so I can read them without a struggle.

• GKmart2014 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. With the latest change, I no longer even want to use this account it is so irritating. A third of my screen is taken up with ads so that I can't see more than 4 emails at a time.

• David Tsevat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Make each email line less tall and have text fill the line more fully.
    I'm having to zoom out the screen to 80 or 90% to see the same number of emails that I could in the former version but unfortunately this also reduces the font size.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base