OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our m

I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our mail client looking like a giant cartoon. If you include themes, then why not include one that emulates the old client? Duh! I don't need initials when I can read the name, I don't need colors. (have you ever considered how this messes with colorblind people?) And I need the ability to adjust the font size without changing my browser size. I'll give you some time to fix this. I am paying for premium service, but not much longer if it remains unchanged.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Borges shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, I just wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for providing feedback about the new Outlook.com experience, and even more importantly picking Outlook.com as your email provider.

I did want to let you know that the new features that we have introduced are all able to be disabled if you are not a fan of the circles and colors. I wanted to provide you some steps. Once you have these items disabled it should look very similar to your old experience.

First click on the gear in the top right. This will open up the Quick Settings Pane. From here I would recommend trying to toggle off the following. As you turn them off the screen behind will update so you can see what is changing.

1) Sender Photos (this is the colored circles)
2) Sort by Date – This removes the date headers (Today, Yesterday, etc).
3) If you didnt have the Reading Pane before turn that off also.
4) Attachment Preview

Hope this helps!

David Los

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • irenee zuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really unfortunate you have changed to a Beta version without consultation.
    This version is, from my point of view, inferior and MUCH more complicated.
    Is there no way that one can have simple e-mail any longer??

• solvs@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fire your designers. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

Was just forced to "upgrade" (which I say sarcastically) as the trick to trigger the old look apparently no longer seems to work. No one likes this though. No one. Read the feedback. No one. Everyone hates it. It's like you WANT to lose customers.

• srhily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get it right before you make everyone take it - I never liked it and when it gave me the new one automatically I kept clicking to go back to the old one. This is just one big moving mess - never stays on the place I am - constantly in motion and going wherever it wants to - not under my control which is what I want from my e-mail. No thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new layout. Why can't I choose whether I want to change or not?? I would like a choice to opt out of any changes before they are forced upon me!! It is not a nice surprise to open the email and see chaos without my permission.

• Valérie Gagnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very angry that you changed my account, without my permission, with you beta version. I am completly lost. I hate it!

• Carol Kalin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dislike being forced to try a beta, with no possibility of using the existing program. The whole idea of a beta is to volunteer, right? Change for its own sake is often pointless.

• MFT262 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta is awful. Who's pet project is it? it's like a slow motion cartoon trainwreck. Someone in Microsoft needs to WAKE UP and listen to your customers. And particularly for customers who are *paying* a subscription for hotmail and other services - DO NOT force beta on them.

That's the fourth time Outlook change the look of the mail WITHOUT telling (even with a simple NOTIFICATION) it's users that it will be the case.
    The look of the new interface is very unconfortable to look. And i don't think you even listen to the customer feedback for upgrading your interface...
    Seriously this is becoming REALLY annoying.
    Don't expect us to disable addBlock or anything if you don't even care about us.

As a PROOF that you guys should STOP changing the version of Outlook :
    http://www.noelshack.com/2018-44-4-1541078056-srlsy.png
    When you decided those color should be one in front of the other did you were DRUNK or something ?...

An, AS USUAL, disapointed cutsomer.

That's the fourth time Outlook change the look of the mail WITHOUT telling (even with a simple NOTIFICATION) it's users that it will be the case.
    The look of the new interface is very unconfortable to look. And i don't think you even listen to the customer feedback for upgrading your interface...
    Seriously this is becoming REALLY annoying.
    Don't expect us to disable addBlock or anything if you don't even care about us.

An, AS USUAL, disapointed cutsomer.

I think you folks at OUTLOOK are criminals. You force my email (Hotmail) into Outlook Beta! I did NOT hit that damned toggle either! I was extremely careful never to do so! I just want to know? Why the pretense??? Why ASK the Hotmail account users if they want to change to Outlook Beta and then LIE and FORCE them into Outlook Beta later??? Corruption at its best! I will begin immediately looking elsewhere for a more honest email provider who puts its customers/account holders first!

• JANETA DOEDE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like That I cannot Get to my new emails Stop changing my acct WITH OUT MY PERMISSION PLEASE....PUT BACK AS IT WAS !

• steve_hotdog@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have you changed the appearance without consulting me?
    Why is it that basic scams like a bogus 'ebey' you are unable to recognise & put into junk?

• dharmadog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You just changed my email to beta WITHOUT my permission and there is no obvious way to revert to old view. Epic fail from MS once again. Why have you eliminated the pages numbers on email. The slider is terrible to use.

• meenaphadkar@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the do you keep changing the format ??? and messing with it!!??
    TAKE PERMISSION before creating confusion!!
    HAVE YOU NO BETTER WORK TO DO

• catherinemlr@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is not ok for you just to change the way I receive emails/ the layout without permission. I think I should have at least a warning for awhile to at least get used to the idea. Also too many advertisements now. Seriously thinking of changing my email

Dear Sir, I have just opened my email only to find that there have been some major changes made to it. I did NOT request this and request that you return it to the version you removed as that is what am used to using and thoroughly dislike the version you have now installed...without my permission.

This is what I'm interested in, getting the old format back and not having to worry about Outlook changing MY page without my permission.

• gurney_david@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give back me old outlook I don't like what I see in this new one or being forced to use it the pop up ads are bad in the old one but the new **** is over the the top thanks

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base