OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

'Message can't be displayed at the moment'

'Message can't be displayed at the moment'
Please check your internet connection or try again later.
My speed 50 to 80 mbs, ping 10 upload speed 12.5mbs
Yet unable to open emails but can on other sites and other areas of the internet, WOT WOS run fine?
Could not solve problem.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert McKinney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • e_cords commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to see the body of my email messages. I get a message stating "Your message can't be displayed right now." I have rebooted the computer and tried different browsers. Nothing worked. I can see the message body on my phone.

• Haydon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a persistent problem and should have been fixed. It never happened with the old hotmail. Once again a so-called 'improvement' is actually a diminished service.
    What is going on and when will it be fixed?

• Eydayu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem happen to me. Please help me this email is use for working. Please help me to solve this problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To quote one of many commenters :-
    "Having the same message can't be displayed issue day after day as well as the "your message can't be sent right now" issue, all of which is very frustrating! Some of us have had our hotmail/outlook accounts since hotmail's inception - surely you can do better, Microsoft, before you roll out "helpful" changes that just end up causing problems. "

Again i am another user that gets this DAY IN AND DAY OUT. Really annoying when a reply doesn't include the original response and then you also keep getting "the message cannot be sent right now".

What on earth are you playing at MS??? Gmail works flawlessly all the time but i've had my hotmail since inception and i don't want to have to swap everything over. But if this continues I WILL.

• Alexandra Gecin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same message can't be displayed issue day after day as well as the "your message can't be sent right now" issue, all of which is very frustrating! Some of us have had our hotmail/outlook accounts since hotmail's inception - surely you can do better, Microsoft, before you roll out "helpful" changes that just end up causing problems.

My mail is freezing CONSTANTLY after this "upgrade." I keep getting "Your message can't be displayed right now" for weeks and weeks now....I am so very close to canceling this account I have had for 20 years.

• tjm694@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Message can't be displayed right now almost ALL the time when trying to read an email. Different computers, and different networks.

• R Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. I'm ditching this ****, out of here!

The original message can’t be shown at the moment. It will be included when this message is sent.

• ramblin_on@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your message can't be displayed right now.
    Same problem day after day.
    Yes.I've done what was recommended before concerning this issue.

EMAIL SAYS "Your message can't be displayed right now". Over and OVER! Different computers and different networks. Did not have this problem before you messed up Outlook this last time

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep getting 'your message can't be displayed right now' notification on my latest messages.

• mygalfri29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't see message in email...but only on selected ones... are they being blocked by Outlook

• George Nelzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it keep saying "Your message can't be displayed at the moment"!? I cannot open the email to see what can be a problem... :(

Why does it keep saying "Your message can't be displayed at the moment"!? It's just displayed two then gives up!

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base