OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed.

I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original Hotmail.

584 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

K T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such great feedback. I wanted to address the feedback that you have left about not being able to do some of the advanced search that you had in the older outlook.com experience.

We actually do have advanced search. When you click in the Search box at the top of the screen, it will expand and there is a “filter” icon. If you click that icon you should be able to do date search, attachments, etc.

Hope this helps

David Los

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This continues to be the most bizarre, stupid, unreasonable, ignorant change ever made to outlook.
    Managing the box has become the biggest nightmare of the century. Who gives a **** about colors & stupid features that are not important to manage the box...the messages?
    I need...I demand efficiency!
    3 months plus & still many problems remain.
    The stupid programmers made a mess out of everything.
    When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page.
    The situation: it is practically impossible to go back to the old (older) messages to delete (many) or to do whatever… without having the system taking you back to page one. It takes a tremendous amount of time to scroll to find the previous month(s) messages.
    Important, essential feature that you the idiots decided to abolish!
    ANYONE should be able to scroll to whatever (OLDER message) page quickly & efficiently. BUT NOOooooooooooo it takes forever.
    There used to be a page number that help to go back to that page quickly BUT it became one of the 1st monstrosities that you the great programmers decided to eliminate. Then last year anyone was able to go back quickly by scrolling (pointing the arrow on the screen) to older messages BUT then again the idiots, geniuses’ programmers decided to eliminate that too. NOW it is totally impossible to go back to older messages efficiently.
    What seems to be the problem?
    What can you idiots make things efficient & friendly?
    How long must we the people wait for someone ABLE to READ, THINK & make the proper adjustments?
    In my case my box is almost reaching the limit & I cannot go back EFFICIENTLY to delete many of those messages to clean up my box.
    Does anyone care?
    I demand that someone should contact me ASAP so perhaps I can make myself clearer…so perhaps someone may be able to understand what the issues are.
    I happen to be a paying customer/client & it’s not fair for OUTLOOK to charge me for its lack of efficiency. It has cost me a great deal of time & money to play with this bizarre system - AS IS - & OUTLOOK /Microsoft is fully liable for all damages.
    I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed.

• gb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this new outlook at all...its suck. And what happen to all my emails i had flagged or pinned.. I saved those email for a reason, now they are gone... where are my emails???

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More and more peoples don't like skype 8.x and now maybe the same happens to the email. Understand it if you can, but i don't.

How about you stop changing outlook every month and leave it alone the changes are screwing everything up, missing emails, attachments etc.
    IDEA: LEAVE OUTLOOK THE WAY IT IS!!!!

• Alfred Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My basic email functions have been restored. Thank you so much for that. And if I can, I would like to request that I never be upgraded again. Thank you.

• Gerard Petrone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be leaving Outlook as soon as I notify all my crucial contacts of a new address on a new platform. You should never change the look and feel just because. Change things in the background that have to do with security and functionality but the interface was fine.

• guestonly7@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's patently obvious from the reviews that users prefer the existing version as I myself do. Why don't you listen and act accordingly?

You are well aware of the old adage; "if it works, don't fix it. The problem seems to be this unlearned desire to always create something new or newer but, "the new isn't necessarily better than the old, if it is, then it's because it's actually better but not because it's new. You're more like superstores who are always rearranging stocked items & frequently changing where they are placed on the shelves just so customers will have to go looking for them with the view to buying even more shopping items than they went in the store to buy in the first place. Always changing things when they already work. We don't need new designs or different layouts, what we need is real usability and practicality.

• Kara.Newsome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop updating layout & functions! We choose to use your service because we like it over other products so stop changing it.

• riga_paul@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new UI is dreadful. Utter garbage. The look is passable but the quirky bugs are simply unacceptable. If this is not fixed I will move account, since I simply cannot use this.
    Problems like:
    - Wrong text appearing during writing (honestly!)
    - cramped layout
    - sluggish behaviour.

Why are you changing something that was working well with something inferior. Please stop this needless change for change sake. Think of the customers!

• Barbara Bigelow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like everyone believes all apps need to be made for mobile. BUT I still prefer the efficiency of my computer and keyboard/mouse. By making everything more white space/bigger=easier on mobile, you've taken away my efficiency.

Can't this application have a mode for mobile and a mode for the computer?

I've had a hotmail account for a very long time and STILL miss the version from long ago that showed me lots of emails so I could quickly find the one I want.

I totally agree with All your comments. As a "non-techy" person of a certain age, i found the simplicity of the old version infinately superior to the new one! I can't trace orders, reply to e-mails,(that won't open in the first place),and am resorting to snail mail and the phone! I loathe the new version! Maggi Bridgeman

• hans-erik.ahlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is something about this new layout that I just can't handle. There is too much information showing, or something Not good for the eyes nor the brain. What was wrong with the old layout? I sure would like to know WHY you changed the layout.

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOTHING IS ARRIVING IN MY JUNKMAIL, as it used to!!! WHY? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? WHERE IS ALL MY NORMAL JUNK MAIL!?????????

• John Hooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop changing layouts etc just for the sake of it! Most products that are around for a while are as easy to use as they can be. Make the programmes more efficient by all means if you can. But leave the interface alone!
    Don't alter just for the sake of it!
    It's like putting square steering wheels in cars just to change how they look.

I get annoyed EVERY TIME I open the new Outlook, absolutely hate it. I've had the same hotmail address for almost 20 years and am thinking seriously of going to the hassle of changing it, I hate it that much. Give users the option to SWITCH BACK.

• hartsong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had nothing but problems with this new setup. Not everyone wants to have every aspect of their life changed every ******* day. Maybe your creators that have nothing better to do them mess up every one elses day should get off their *** and get a real ******* job. Stop ******* around with **** that ain't broke just to justify your worthless existence.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base