OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chantal Archambault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

240 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tad Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not liking you recently dropping advertisements into my inbox and I confuse it for email. Make it stop!

• chad.roe@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These adds that are playing while i'm typing an email... the MOST annoying thing in the world, do you just want me to pack ALL of my services and move them to Google?

• travistallant@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the commercial on the side to go away. I get it, you guys need to make money but I get notifications all day long and my volume needs to be turned up but this is ridiculous. First you started by "emailing" an add, and now you want to "show commercials"? Get this off my inbox or I'll go back to using yahoo as my email. It makes me no difference, but this DOES NOT work for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ads that you started putting on my email page are bogging down my computer. It is overheating from all the energy the ads use. As I am typing this, my computer can't keep up with my typing because your ads are bogging things down. If you need to add the ads, please make them inanimated!

Thanks so much for the upgrade,
    however, even though i know it is an impossibility, could please not put ads into the email window, you can them them anywhere but if only they were not in my inbox, it would save me a lot of space on this ancient hardware am using. Thanks.

• nlavrijsen@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been trying the beta-version for a while now and still disappointed by the performance of hotmail / outlook. I understand that when using a free service, I will have to look at ads somewhere on my screen. It should not take this long to load them though (10 seconds on a Comcast connection), especially if that means that I cannot click anywhere else in the screen during that time.
    To add to that, please fix the issue where I cannot see the full date of the e-mails when I am in search mode. Also, when I open an e-mail, allow me to immediately scroll down in the e-mail using the down-cursor instead of returning to the inbox if I don't click in the message first.

Thanks!

Why is there now a big fat ad window on the right side of the screen that I can't get rid of?

All of a sudden, my email is now bombarding me with advertisements --- STOP IT!
    I want a version I can work with --- the one three versions ago was great --- stop messing with it.

• Benjamin Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your changes are terrible. I own a Microsoft Office license with this email and yet your company can't match that up to make sure I'm not bombarded with ads all of a sudden? Why is it my responsibility to figure how to upgrade so I'm not part of your ridiculous and annoying changes.

• DR Mollon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the game ad for "Roblox" is a major virus, I cant even navigate my mails. Im NOT paying you for a free email, you are getting WORSE than Yahoo!!! If you dont stop with all these stupid ads to get me to pay you, I will just transfer all my accounts to Gmail!!

• nanlee_47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hate the ads on the right side of my screen. They are not "focused" at all for me ....and I have it on focused. I don't want any ads!!!

• jaret_lehman@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad in the upper right corner takes up too much space making the site unusable in landscape mode. At the very least there should be a choice on where it goes.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base